Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Meeting Minutes

Voting of Officers
    04-11-2011 05:47 Bob Mill Proposes a Motion to Conduct a Virtual Meeting via MJ PM e-mail to fill the four officer positions within Military Jeepers of Colorado Springs, Inc; that Bob Miller be appointed temporary chairman/moderator to conduct the meeting and that James Marden be appointed temporary secretary to record the proceedings until such time as officers are elected and installed by the founding members.
    Founding members: Bob Miller, Jeff Brazzle, Chrystie Garcia, James Marden, Matt Burns, Jason Wade, Ken Bradley, Joey Nieves, Tim Kuster, Sven Schwalbe
    04-11-2011 05:57 Ken Bradley responded stating that he second the motion.
    04-11-2011 10:48 Jeff Brazzle All in favor of a virtual meeting via MJ PM e-mail to fill the four officer positions within Military Jeepers of Colorado Springs, Inc; and that Bob Miller be appointed temporary chairman/moderator to conduct the meeting and that James Marden be appointed temporary secretary to record the proceedings until such time as officers are elected and installed by the founding members vote for by writing, "Aye!" for the motion. Those against vote by writing, "No"! against the motion. He voted Aye!
    Ken Bradley voted Aye!
    Joey Nieves voted Aye!
    Matt Burns voted Aye!
    James Marden voted Aye!
    Chrystie Garcia voted Aye!
    Tim Kuster voted Aye!
    Sven Schwalbe voted Aye!
    Bob Miller Point of Order... The opportunity should have been provided to discuss the motion once the motion was seconded.

The floor/forum will be open to nominations until 0600 Mountain time 13 April in order for everyone to have a chance to provide their input. Should you not care to make a nomination please post that to the forum. Should nominations, seconds and posts be received from all addressees prior to 0600 Mountain I will move the process to the next level prior to 0600. During the next phase I will list the nominees in a seperate thread probably a voting tab and continue the process.

04-12-2011 11:05 Ken Bradley Nominated Sven Schwalbe for President
    “He is very active within the group and most members throught the chapter know and recognize him.”
    04-12-2011 12:17 Joe Nieves Nominated Jason Wade for President
    “Outstanding man, with deep ties within the forum and the comunity. I believe Jason will do a great job if he accepts my nomination. I'm blessed to have a great group of individuals to call friends and know that all are more than capable to fill the position, but for this first very important term, our President should be a permanent resident of our comunity.”
    04-12-2011 20:42 Chrystie Garcia Nominated Jeff Brazzle for President
    “Without his guidance and motivation, we might not have ever gotten the non-profit organization off and running as quickly as we did. He will be a strong backbone to the organization, he is a positive motivator, and has a sense of the greater purpose and a drive to help us achieve our goals while maintaining structure and organization within the group.”
    04-13-2011 11:33 Matt Burns Seconds the nomination for Jeff Brazzle
    ” He did so much and put so many hours into it as I'm sure most of you did as well. I'd also like to point out that If he doesn't go to Leaonard Wood then he will be staying in the area and/or be returning to the area and I'm sure will dedicate himself to the chapter more than some of us wish they could because of work scheduling or.”
    04-13-2011 18:06 Sven Schwalbe Declined the nomination by Ken Bradley. He nominated Jeff Brazzle for President.
    “I feel that he has put in the most amount of work to get all of this off the ground, and as such, is deserving of the Presidency.”
    04-13-2011 20:22 Jason Wade Thanked Joey Nieves for the nomination. Nominated Jeff Brazzle for President.
    “He has spent much of his personal time organizing this and should have the pleasure of serving as the chapter's first prez.”
    04-13-2011 22:10 Tim Kuster Nominated Jeff Brazzle for President.
    “I am with chrystie, matt and sven and think Jeff Brazzle should be Pres.”
    04-14-2011 06:35 Bob Miller Posted Discussion Phase; Nominations for the Office of Chapter President
    “This is how the nominations stack up as of 0549 Mountain Time on 14 April 2011.
    Ken nominated Sven;
    Chrystie nominated Jeff,
    Sven declined the nomination by Ken and endorsed Chrystie’s nomination of Jeff;
    Joey nominated Jason; Jason thanked Joey and endorsed Jeff.
    Tim endorsed Jeff.
    I have not seen a response from Matt but James made a reference to Matt endorsing Jeff in his e-mail endorsing Jeff.
    I have not seen a second for either Jeff’s or Jason’s nomination. Since Sven’s endorsement of Jeff’s nomination appears to be the first for Jeff I recommend that we take the endorsement as a second to his nomination.
    I did not see either an endorsement or a second for Jason’s nomination.
    This is how I see the nomination results:
    From the PMs I’ve seen in response to the call for nominations, Jason and Jeff were the only members nominated. There was no second or endorsement of Jason’s nomination; Jeff is the only candidate to receive a nomination and a second/endoresment for the position of Chapter President.
    The floor/formum is now open for discussion of nominated candidates for the position of Chapter President until 0600, 15 Apr 2011, unless input is received from all addressees before that time then we will move to the next phase.”
    04-14-2011 06:43 Joey Nieves Accepted Jason Wade’s decline of his endorsement. And endorses Jeff Brazzle.
    “I agree with the caucus and endorse Jeffrey Brazzle for Chapter President.”
    04-14-2011 07:03 Chrystie Garcia Forwarded Matt’s response to all founding members as a correction to Bob Miller’s post at 04-14-2011 06:35.
    04-14-2011 07:52 Ken Bradley Second’s the nomination for Jeff Brazzle
    04-14-2011 17:36 Jeff Brazzle Accepts the Nomination for President
    04-15-2011 08:34 Bob Miller Opens the floor to vote for Jeff Brazzle as President
    “Point of order...
    Though Jeff is the only nominee with a second we still need to vote to make this official...
    All in favor of of Jeff Brazzle as president of the chapter type Aye.
    All opposed type Nay.
    This poll is open until 0600 Mountain time 16 April 2011 after which I will tally the votes and we will go from there.”
    Chrystie Garcia Votes Aye
    James Marden Votes Aye
    Matt Burns Votes Aye
    Ken Bradley Votes Aye
    Joey Nieves Votes Aye
    Bob Miiler Chapter President Votes Closed
    ” It is 0702 on 16 April 2011, an hour past the deadline set for voting to be concluded for Chapter President and here are the results of that vote:
    James, Aye
    Chrystie, Aye
    Matt, Aye
    Ken, Aye
    Joey, Aye
    Jeff, Aye,
    Jason, Aye
    Bob, Tim and Sven abstained from the vote.
    There are seven Ayes and no Nays, Jeff has carried the vote for Chapter President.”
    04-16-2011 10:16 Tim Kuster Missed Vote
    “Congrats Jeff! I guess no one got my email with my vote, but I voted AYE”
    04-18-2011 14:22 Jeff Brazzle Motion to Change Method of Meeting Forum
    “I move that we conduct a virtual meeting via a thread under the Camp MJ 2011 Planning (Rocky Mountain) forum at http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...ocky-Mountain) in order to fill the three remaining officer positions within Military Jeepers of Colorado Springs, Inc; that three treads be open simultaniously for nominations then we can discuss, amend, etc., then vote on them. One thread for each postion of Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Once approved, we can move this venue to the thread so as we won't miss e-mails and all can see the seconding of motions and everyone see's all votes and discussions real time. I charge Jason to ensure that all founding members have access to that thread since he is an administrator for it.

James Marden is still the appointed temporary secretary to record the proceedings until such time as officers are elected and installed by the founding members.
    Someone should second this... then we can discuss, amend, etc., then vote on it”
    04-18-2011 14:26 Ken Bradley Seconds the motion
    04-18-2011 14:30 Jeff Brazzle Opened the thread for Chapter Vice President
    “This thread will be used for the election of a Chapter Vice President. The floor/forum will be open to nominations until 0600 Mountain time 21 April in order for everyone to have a chance to provide their input. Should you not care to make a nomination please post that to the forum. Should nominations, seconds and posts be received from all addressees prior to 0600 Mountain I will move the process to the next level prior to 0600. During the next phase I will list the nominees and continue the process.”
    04-18-2011 14:32 Jeff Brazzle Opened the thread for Chapter Treasurer
    “This thread will be used for the election of a Chapter Treasure. The floor/forum will be open to nominations until 0600 Mountain time 21 April in order for everyone to have a chance to provide their input. Should you not care to make a nomination please post that to the forum. Should nominations, seconds and posts be received from all addressees prior to 0600 Mountain I will move the process to the next level prior to 0600. During the next phase I will list the nominees and continue the process.”
    04-18-2011 14:32 Jeff Brazzle Opened the thread for Chapter Secretary
    “This thread will be used for the election of a Chapter Secretary. The floor/forum will be open to nominations until 0600 Mountain time 21 April in order for everyone to have a chance to provide their input. Should you not care to make a nomination please post that to the forum. Should nominations, seconds and posts be received from all addressees prior to 0600 Mountain I will move the process to the next level prior to 0600. During the next phase I will list the nominees and continue the process.”
    04-18-2011 14:41 Jeff Brazzle Opens the forum for discussion.
    “I have a second. At this time, the floor/forum will be open to discussion on this motion until 0600 Mountain time 19 April in order for everyone to have a chance to provide their input. At that time, we will put this motion to a vote.
    The floor is now open to discussion.”
    All nominated members were voted in with no discussion.
    RollbarRequired
    James & Chrystie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1998 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meeting Minutes April 25, 2011
    Founding Member Attendees:
    Jeff Brazzle
    Bob Miller
    James Marden
    Chrystie Garcia
    Jason Wade

Jeff calls the meeting to order.
    4 guests from last ride
    2 new guests
    Andrew Gunther 03 Rubicon – Screenname Rubiconthis
    John 06 TJ – Screenname jeepinUSA

Treasurer’s Report:
    181.00 in petty cash
    Ron is the one paying member

New business:
    Reading of meeting minutes – no discussion – all vote Aye
    Waiver of 6 month waiting period provided that you meet the requirements – no discussion – all vote Aye

Point of order to amend the by-laws to change lifetime to member to founding member have been posted to the website and Ken Bradley seconded the motion – thread will be open until 4/26/11 on militaryjeepers.com website. All new members are able to vote on this motion.

Bob - Still working on federal recognition

Suggestions on new meeting location - table for response from members
    SGM O to look into a bldg that does not cost – will talk to Jason at USO to see if we can meet there
    VFW locations

Suggestions on Monthly Trail Rides – table response for July’s date and location
    Wheeler Lake, Tin Cup, St Elmo, Iron Chest, Grizzly Lake, Mosquito Pass

Two members can post a ride and it constitutes an organizational ride

May 14th – National Topless Day Meet and Greet
    Iron horse park noon
    Potluck

May 20th - Mount Antero Trail Ride
    Option to camp up at the lake or convoy back same day
    Jason to convoy up Saturday morning

June 25th The Gulches (Medberry) – close to town and overnight camping 24 to Divide – right on 5 that turn into 55

July – table point of order – James and Mack will be going up to Blanca

August – Camp MJ – Ouray, Moab, Grand Junction
    1st week of August – Mile High Jeepers

Jeff - Point of order – Motion that we vote in new members – no discussion – all vote aye
    Jeff - Point of order – Motion to bring in Ron – Bob seconds – all vote aye
    Jason – Point of order - Motions to bring in SGM O – James seconds – all vote aye
    James motions to bring in Jeepinslider 98 – Jeff seconds – all vote aye
    James motions to bring in justwrangler88 – Chrystie seconds – all vote aye
    James motions to bring in Liftedon37s - Jeff seconds – all vote aye
    Nominations are closed at this time.
    Bob motions to allow 2% non membership – to allow DEPT of Defense (procreated, nonprocreated) that support the military.

Jeff Brazzle motions to table this for the next meeting

Announcements:
    Ride up to Brown Lake by Mount Antero May 20th – 22nd
    Provisions for day trip – TBD on meeting place for day trippers
    To be posted to the MJ website

Program:
    Special Guests – To educate on the do’s and do not’s
    Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Tread Lightly

Point of order to adjourn – motion was second – all voted Aye

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1998 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May 23, 2011 Monthly Meeting

Founding Member Attendees:
    Jeff Brazzle
    Bob Miller
    James Marden
    Chrystie Garcia
    Jason Wade
    Sven Schwalbe

Reading of the minutes from 4/25 meeting – read and approved

Treasurers report: 412.00 in the bank – read and approved

Form committee to look into changing the terms of non-veteran members

Form committee to find another place for our monthly meetings

Voting in of members:
    4fox
    4x4nut
    Bellesdad
    Cbassyj
    Donnie12b
    Fuelsman
    Gvns8
    Jeepgc212
    Jeepmusher
    Jkpilot
    Mikezx1
    Somo
    Xj_rookie
    KJA
    The1andonlybug
    Grizzdog
    Jeepinusa06tj
    Rubiconthis!
    Carbaugh
    Citaliano068
    Jplatt0607
    O’reilly
    RockinR

Voting tabled for next month:
    Bryan lynn
    Manny383
    Bergherd
    Chitty21
    “ “ Brian Riggins

Nomination for board of directors:
    Somo
    SGM O

Sponsorship Chairman: Sven

Committee for camp MJ:
    Ouray:
    JKOwner

Moab:
    SGM O
    Rollbarrequired
    jeepmusher

Grand Junction:
    Fuelsman
    Jpnsldr
    Jplatt0607

Camp MJ Rocky Mountain – Information presented at meeting for date, location
    - Gift Certificate from JP Outfitters for Camera
    - Free camping at Ron’s Pack RV in Moab

Committee for fundraising:
    Ms Fuelsman
    Ms mikzx1
    Ms Cbassyj
    Ms jeepmusher

Committee for non DOD Civilians:
    tabled for later date – motions tabled

Good of the Order:
    Mack to bring award to the next meeting in June

Board of Directors:
    Need to bring up trails, dates, meeting locations

Eagle Rock (possibly Saran Wrap) – Saturday
    18th Gulches

Sponsoring Recruiting Drive:
    Most referrals wins some prizes

June Meeting – June 27th at USO

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1998 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

June 27th Monthly Meeting

Secretary was not present - meeting minutes not read from May monthly meeting

Cash 909.95
    Commitees : JKOWner - Ouray info packet 4J+1+1 is the campground

Fulesman - Grand Junction campground 10+trails JPlatte has the name of a campground

Susan (CBASSYJ) chairman for fundraisers: Carwash, Garage Sale, Jeepin for the cure, Jeepin for Parkinson's, Wounded warriors. Bake sales, patches

New Memebers:
    Mikezx1 - voted in
    Fuelsman - voted in
    The1Andonlybug - voted in

Motion withdrawn for nonqualified members

New busines:
    Fairwell for Sven at Wheeler Lake. August 22-23 campout. Currently Sven and James are going

Tabled:
    Waivers - must be signed for each event by all attending

4wheeldrive hardware - Bob is looking at getting our name added to their parts booklet
    Last edited by RollbarRequired; 07-06-2011 at 09:28.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1990 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll shoot them to you. Val kept the minutes and gave them to me. Thanks for posting this.
    Jeff
    10 JKU Rubicon: 5.38 gearing, 3.5" RE lift, 1" body lift, Goodyear MRT w/kevlar 37x12.50x17 on 17x8.5 black rock rims, Rancho front diff glide plate, AEV rear diff/driveshaft glide plate, AEF intake, relocated Dynomax cat-back muffler, Smittybilt SRC front/rear bumper, SB XRC10 winch, PureJeep custom painted rock sliders, Cobra CB, Bushwacker flat wheel flares and interior coated with ProCote. LED front flood/spot lights. 2 sets of LED trail lights, Delta Skybar custom painted.