User Tag List

Thread: Trail Table - Anyone have this??

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trail Table - Anyone have this??

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...?prod=EVO-1017

Does anyone have one of these and what do you think of it if you do...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1981 to 1984

Closest Installation

Fort Meade
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the construction - you could make one easy. Hinged plywood, foam backed to protect the side and a J bracket to hook over lip. Simple chain or fabric on side to stop it over extending. I don't like a coleman stove that close to my vehical - too many flareups as a scout

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2000

Closest Installation

Fort Lee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way too expensive... I like the idea but I'll design and build my own for much less...
    Attached Images Attached Images

usnavymitchells

Thumbs up

To save space which can be at a premium in a Jeep you'd be better off just getting a back packers stove. Does the same thing and takes up a lot less space. Me personnally prefer to take a small gas grill to cook on when out and about. Let me see if I can get this right.

Portable Gas grill and small propane tank: $25.00
    Steak, potatoes and corn on the cob: $20.00
    Enjoying a meal on a trail in the middle of nowhere: PRICELESS!

Anyone disagree?

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mitchells, I was looking at the table more for it's utility than for the stove sitting on it...

What would be really cool would be if the table was made from the same metal the M-Pac is made from... That way when it's in it's folded up position, it has the storage bags available.... then when folded down, it's a table with the storage bags hanging underneath.... If the space is already being utilized for the M-Pac, then why not give it additional functionality....

And if my idea is used, I WANT A FULLY WORKING PrOTOTYPE!!!!

usnavymitchells

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzHog View Post
    Thanks Mitchells, I was looking at the table more for it's utility than for the stove sitting on it...

What would be really cool would be if the table was made from the same metal the M-Pac is made from... That way when it's in it's folded up position, it has the storage bags available.... then when folded down, it's a table with the storage bags hanging underneath.... If the space is already being utilized for the M-Pac, then why not give it additional functionality....

And if my idea is used, I WANT A FULLY WORKING PrOTOTYPE!!!!

You got it Buzz.. If I make one (which will never happen - it involves work) I will give you a fully working prototype.

But I'm still going to be grilling in the woods enjoying the peace and quiet of Mother Nature....

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1981 to 1984

Closest Installation

Fort Meade
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    To save space which can be at a premium in a Jeep you'd be better off just getting a back packers stove. Does the same thing and takes up a lot less space. Me personnally prefer to take a small gas grill to cook on when out and about. Let me see if I can get this right.

Portable Gas grill and small propane tank: $25.00
    Steak, potatoes and corn on the cob: $20.00
    Enjoying a meal on a trail in the middle of nowhere: PRICELESS!

Anyone disagree?
    Took complicated - wrap a couple of chicken breasts well seasoned in a few layers of foil. Tuck on the manifold, maybe even with a can of corn. After a few hours on the trail unwrap and eat. If you want dessert take that shake mix pudding in a large tupperware container and hang it off the tailgate.

Or #10 can with top off, perforate the sides with a church key, half full of sand and gasoline - quick cookstove.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Langley AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allium View Post
    Took complicated - wrap a couple of chicken breasts well seasoned in a few layers of foil. Tuck on the manifold, maybe even with a can of corn. After a few hours on the trail unwrap and eat. If you want dessert take that shake mix pudding in a large tupperware container and hang it off the tailgate.

Or #10 can with top off, perforate the sides with a church key, half full of sand and gasoline - quick cookstove.
    You beat me to it, I was gonna suggest the manifold method

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allium View Post
    If you want dessert take that shake mix pudding in a large tupperware container and hang it off the tailgate.
    hmmm, club's goin out Sun for a trail ride/bbq/club meeting....sounds like an innovative idea for dessert...
    Getting my morning coffee at the mud truck. Don't ever talk to me until I've had my morning coffee. Seriously, don't. I'm venomous. @BronxZooCobra.