User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any real wheelers???????

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is there any real wheelers???????

Hi, my name is gino, and i was wondering if there is any real cool kick ass military guys or gals on this site. I just might be pissing on somebodys wheaties right about now but man . . . this site is full of web wheelers!!!!!!!!
    So if you know like the smell of 90 weight, and have had a slag burn or two, please let me know, so we can get 2 know eachother.

Ohh . . . by the way, great site!
    WHERE DID THE RUM GO???

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say yes, but that depends on what you would call a "real wheeler". If you are talking about someone that works a sham 9 to 5 job and has weekends off and spends all their free time wheeling, then we may have only a couple of those. If you are referring to someone in a high optempo unit that spends most of their time either training for combat or being in combat and wheels when they can, then I would say we have a bunch. If you are referring to someone that is currently on their 13th month of a deployment, which is probably their 3rd 4th or 5th deployment in a few years and may have started just a few months after their last deployment, and they dream of the time when they can physically touch their jeep again so they can wheel, then I would say add some more.

So yes, I am sure we have "real wheelers" here, but as in my case, at 8 mpg, it was not cost effective to drive my jeep from Virginia to my two month course in Missouri, so I opted for the rental car that the government provided me....and will "web wheel" for my time in this course. I guess I can extend that a little further out, because about 6 days after I get home (if the baby does not arrive early and while I am in this course), then I will have a newborn son, be clearing from my current unit, packing up the house and moving to TX all within a month, so I gusss I will be web wheeling during that time also. I have heard that there is a good chance that I may be rolling out soon after getting to me new unit, so it is looking like a may be web wheeling for a year or so during that time also.

so yes, we may have some "web wheelers" here, but unlike many of the others out there, I think it would be safe to say that it is because of circumstances beyond their control.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2003 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Wheeler? For some of us, all we got is web wheelin. Don't try and take that away from us or "piss on our wheaties."

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1983 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I always think of myself as a cool, kick-ass guy. Whether I am in my Jeep or just hanging out with my wife and kids. Sure, I don't go out and pummel my Jeep on the rocks or trails (actually, I spend all my time on the beaches) but I don't think I am not a "real wheeler". Remember, this is supposed to be fun.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am an allight guy also, but it does suck that it is a 3 hour ride to hit a legal wheeling spot near DC. Generation Kill is on. Time to go.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1991 to 1995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brown-man View Post
    Hi, my name is gino, and i was wondering if there is any real cool kick ass military guys or gals on this site. I just might be pissing on somebodys wheaties right about now but man . . . this site is full of web wheelers!!!!!!!!
    So if you know like the smell of 90 weight, and have had a slag burn or two, please let me know, so we can get 2 know eachother.

Sounds like he looking for a date! LOL
    2006 Wrangler Unlimited LJ
    3.5 in Lift 33x12.50 BFGs ATs
    Warn Bumpers, Mile Marker PE8000
    Rock Sliders--Blacked OUT jeep.

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF anyone says yes that doesn't mean they are going to hold your hand and take long showers with you .........
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU

I served...Now I Protect vwJarhead's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great way to make friends slick!........ Have a superiority complex much?
    "You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
    Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06

1*
    RIP GySGT. Elia Fontecchio
    -America is not at war, The Marine Corps is at war. America is at the mall and Congress is out to lunch....

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1978 to 1986

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think he's trying to compensate!
    There are only two types of ships...Submarines, and Targets!!!

Administrator/Jarhead Jeeper USMCHarleyJeepGuy's Avatar
    From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli...(Quantico, VA)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1987 to Present

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Gino...are you a tool in person or just in type? You know all of us "web wheelers" are a bit curious. Seems like you are going to meet a ton of people that are going to want to wheel with you Bro.
    Marines...shoot me a PM if you have not received an invitation to the Jarhead Jeepers social group on this site and would like to be a member.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes un-delegated powers its acts are un-authoritative void and of no force"
    ~~Thomas Jefferson

Blessed are they who, in the face of death, think first only about the front sight tip.

Celer-Silens-Mortalis

2003 TJ Rubicon
    1954 CJ-3B

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast