Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Broken Antenna

Well after all the great responses I got from my "Stinky Seats" thread, I'd thought I'd go for round two.

So I'm out fishin the other day (because there is nothing else to do at Leonard Wood) and I decide to use my antenna as a rod to catch little blue gill off the dock for bait. By the way, the antenna is a sweet fishin rod in a pinch.

Anyway, I tried to put the antenna back in its little socket and it wouldn't thread. I don't remember anything falling out when I took it out, but it seems like the threads on the antenna are smaller than the threads it is supposed to fit into.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Fix it until it's broke CrazyHorse6's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonasty View Post
    Well after all the great responses I got from my "Stinky Seats" thread, I'd thought I'd go for round two.

So I'm out fishin the other day (because there is nothing else to do at Leonard Wood) and I decide to use my antenna as a rod to catch little blue gill off the dock for bait. By the way, the antenna is a sweet fishin rod in a pinch.

Anyway, I tried to put the antenna back in its little socket and it wouldn't thread. I don't remember anything falling out when I took it out, but it seems like the threads on the antenna are smaller than the threads it is supposed to fit into.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Autozone and other local supply shops have the whole replacement antenna mounts with the whip if you can't get yours to thread back in. They are dirt cheap and many I've seen look so close to the orginal mount you'd never notice the difference
    GarryOwen!
    CJ7, 258, Dana 20 T-case, Dana 30 & AMC 20, TFI Ignition upgrade, headers, MC 2100 carb, YJ tub mod w/Family Style roll bar...

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is an intermediate piece that has threads for the mount on one end and threads for the ant. on the other basicly a coupler usually made of brass
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1970 to 1976

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I have a complete short black rubber stubby antenna for a TJ. Don't know if it will fit the others. Anyway, it has the multiple pieces that adapt for the mount. If you want it, you can have it. I don't have a computer at the house anymore, but you can leave messg. here(I won't see it probably until Monday evening, sooner if I swing by my son's) or call me. Leave messg on answering machine(I'm getting off a 12+ hour night shift in a bit, probably be sleeping) I'll call you back if you just wish to leave a number. Here's my home phone # 618-644-9268. Give me a " Hey Mike, this is **** from the Military Jeepers Site." I'll call you back when I get up, or get messg.

usnavymitchells

Okay. You can pretend you are from the 50's and 60's and wire a coat hangar to it....LOL Had a car or two that I had to do that to....