User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend WARNO -what are you doing to your rig over the weekend?

Fix it until it's broke CrazyHorse6's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weekend WARNO -what are you doing to your rig over the weekend?

I'm planning on trying to solve my battery drain issue and fix my turn signal cancel cam - keep forgetting to turn off my blinker manually when I make a right turn....

What's everyone else up to? What mods, repairs, teardowns, etc are you planning?
    GarryOwen!
    CJ7, 258, Dana 20 T-case, Dana 30 & AMC 20, TFI Ignition upgrade, headers, MC 2100 carb, YJ tub mod w/Family Style roll bar...

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got hard upper doors for my soft top. So instead of that crappy plastic window, I have real glass sliding windows in the doors. I am gonna get some measurements, and try to figure out how to make me an overhead console because i dont feel like dropping 200 bones for one from Tuffy... if anyone has any suggestions, im all ears

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

NAS Whidbey Island
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patching up the OBA and perhaps a long overdue tune up.
    '93 4.0L YJ Becky
    SOA | 2.5" OME | 8.8 | 4.88 | Yukon Zip/ARB | 33" TRXus M/Ts | Warn M8000 | Herculined | OBA
    _|_
    --X-X-(_)-X-X--
    <->
    Some guys like them fat, others like them ugly; I prefer BOTH!!![left up for truth]

Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    If it's sober, I'm not interested.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1983 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeep sitting in garage, out of the heavy rain, waiting to go into shop Monday for lockers. I am sitting next to the Jeep, trying to figure out if I want to put 35's on with new rims or have a double din navigation system modded in. Common sense say's no 35's, actually, probably don't need the nice nav system either but, want to buy something.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1970 to 1976

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have the transmission problem. It's due to go into the shop in the next couple of weeks. You can drive it local below 45mph, once you get to 45mph, and that's where it shifts into O.D. , mine shifts to 2nd gear and stays there until you turn the key off. Stay under 45 and you can drive it all day. So I use it to go get the mail. Jeep told me that it is a solenoid switch in the valve body. I've added different lights up front last week, and removed the Chrome grill cover thing that was on it when we bought it. I have an electronic Air Horn from a Police Motor Unit I want to install, maybe this weekend. I had removed the black brush guard from up front, but the wife wanted it back on, so it is. That's about it for now. I need to put new plugs in our motorcycle, but UGH, too much plastic to remove. It's a large touring bike, Kawasaki Voyager XII. Shucks, I also need to clean the gutters, mow grass, weed eat, and start tossing out some junk we have accumulated. Weekend here looks to be a nice one, doubt if I get anything done. Just the way it seems to go.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by friskeljr View Post
    I just got hard upper doors for my soft top. So instead of that crappy plastic window, I have real glass sliding windows in the doors. I am gonna get some measurements, and try to figure out how to make me an overhead console because i dont feel like dropping 200 bones for one from Tuffy... if anyone has any suggestions, im all ears

I love the look of those overhead consoles - haven't really come up with any ideas myself other than what I've seen in the catalogues. Post some pics when you come up with something!
    GarryOwen!
    CJ7, 258, Dana 20 T-case, Dana 30 & AMC 20, TFI Ignition upgrade, headers, MC 2100 carb, YJ tub mod w/Family Style roll bar...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarineSniper View Post
    Jeep sitting in garage, out of the heavy rain, waiting to go into shop Monday for lockers. I am sitting next to the Jeep, trying to figure out if I want to put 35's on with new rims or have a double din navigation system modded in. Common sense say's no 35's, actually, probably don't need the nice nav system either but, want to buy something.
    Its all about toys.....What size tires are you running now?
    GarryOwen!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by healerdoc1 View Post
    I still have the transmission problem. It's due to go into the shop in the next couple of weeks. You can drive it local below 45mph, once you get to 45mph, and that's where it shifts into O.D. , mine shifts to 2nd gear and stays there until you turn the key off. Stay under 45 and you can drive it all day. So I use it to go get the mail. Jeep told me that it is a solenoid switch in the valve body. I've added different lights up front last week, and removed the Chrome grill cover thing that was on it when we bought it. I have an electronic Air Horn from a Police Motor Unit I want to install, maybe this weekend. I had removed the black brush guard from up front, but the wife wanted it back on, so it is. That's about it for now. I need to put new plugs in our motorcycle, but UGH, too much plastic to remove. It's a large touring bike, Kawasaki Voyager XII. Shucks, I also need to clean the gutters, mow grass, weed eat, and start tossing out some junk we have accumulated. Weekend here looks to be a nice one, doubt if I get anything done. Just the way it seems to go.
    Gutters, weed whack and mowing here also. I cleaned gutters already once last week on one side of the house and actually had an ant hill in there....that was fun.
    GarryOwen!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I got my turn signal cancel cam working finally. Then I had a problem with the horn and realized I had lost the spring which sits inside the hollow tube in the cam. Found a donor bic pen and stole the spring out of it - placed it in the tube, bolted everything back together and now I have a horn again! Still cant figure out the battery drain issue...driving me crazy
    GarryOwen!

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1983 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently running 33's- Keep thinking I should run 35's for the beaches this fall. Mind you, I have never had any problems, last season I ran 31's, before that I had my rebuilt 88 Bronco, never been stuck. I think I have the room for them, I have the $$$, just do not know if it is worth it. Same with the NAV- looking at the Kenwood Excelon DNX8120 unit- probably do not need but would be a bit different.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast