2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jeep Lift

I am thinking about getting a 3" lift for my TJ. What are your guys' opinions/thoughts? What kind would yall suggest? Thanks

Machete wielding woodsman 94GC52's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest a "build plan" first and foremost. 99% of us who have lifted Jeeps have gone back and either changed or fixed something based on our lift and tire combination. Try to envision what you want your Jeep to be capable of doing, what you'd like it to look like, and how much money you want to feed it.

Beyond that; suspension systems are not where you want to look at the cheapest kit you can buy. Spend the money doing your lift right the first time, ensuring that you buy from a reputable company that sells "upgrade kits" for when you decide that 3 inches just won't cut it.

I myself am a big fan of Rubicon Express since even there base kit is easily upgraded by adding a few parts.
    Got Machete?

98 GC Special Edition 5.9l (build in progress) RE 4.5" SF Lift, Mickey Thompson 33" MTZ's, 15x10 ProComp 152's, ProtoFab Pre-Runner Winch Bumper, 10k winch, Np242 Tcase Swap...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another company that builds "upgrade-ability" into their systems is Teraflex.
    Prepare for zombies. That way you'll be ready for anything.

'97 TJ Sport 5" Teraflex LCG Max, 1" BL, 1" MML, Mopar JK Rubicon Axles, 35" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2's, Custom Rock Sliders, Custom Stinger Bumper, 8000 lb winch, Poison Spyder Tube Fenders, Teraflex skid plates under steering box, oil pan, transfer case and gas tank.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Bolling AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got done installing my lift today. 4.5 RE Superflex with 3.5 springs. I absolutely love it. Got it from redrock4x4. I've looked at tons of forums, pictures, reviews about different lifts. Its all what you want. There are tons of options to choose from.

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a better then factory ride and to fit either 32 or 33" tires then go with the OME kit from DPG with 1" jks BL for 33" tires Rides like a cadilac and with the last 3 jeeps we have put this on there were no vibs at all
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres what she looks like now. I want it to be up a little higher, I dont think it looks right sitting low.

Machete wielding woodsman 94GC52's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your just looking for a little higher, just do a budget boost. It wont change any suspension geometry, steering geometry and will give you the look your going for. Especially if you're not changing tire size.
    Got Machete?

98 GC Special Edition 5.9l (build in progress) RE 4.5" SF Lift, Mickey Thompson 33" MTZ's, 15x10 ProComp 152's, ProtoFab Pre-Runner Winch Bumper, 10k winch, Np242 Tcase Swap...