User Tag List

Thread: 97 TJ With 2.5 Throttle Body Swap.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 97 TJ With 2.5 Throttle Body Swap.

So After Doing A Little Research I Wanted To Do A Few Performance Upgrades To My Wifes 97 Wrangler With A 2.5, Which We All Know Is a Way Under Powered Motor.
    And Having An Old 4.0 Intake In The Garage I Was Going To Use On My 4.2 Befor I Got My New 360 I Decided To Donate The Throttle Body To The Wifes 2.5.
    This Was A Very Simple Swap. All That Was Involved Was Rmoveing The Factory Air Cleaner And Unbolting The 2.5 Throttle Body. All The Senor Are The Same Except For The Idle Air Control Motors. So I Took The One Off The 2.5 Throttle Body And Put In On The 4.0 Throttle Body.
    The 4.0 Throttle Body Has A Much Larger Bore Than The 2.5 But Are Vertually Indentical Evary Other Way.
    Also I Figured As Long As I Had The Factory Air Cleaner Off I Would Install A Inexpinsive Cold Ait Intake As Well. Got One From Spectre Online For Around 140 Dollars Or So.
    This All Took About An Hour To Do.
    Now My Wifes Jeep Is Very Modest In Size With Just 30x9.50x15 Tires. So Nothing To Large Or Exciteing. However Living On an Island She Has To Cross Alot Of High Bridges Which Was Hard On The Little 2.5
    This Swap Has Really Braught The Little Engine To Life. Instead Of Dropping Down To 60 Or Sometimes Evan 55 Miles Per Hour On The Bridges I Can Now Run Them At 75mph With Out Any Trouble.
    Wife Is Very Exciteed To Drive It Around Now, And Being Able To Keep It Up With Traffic.
    Just A Little Something I Thaught I would Share. Some Of You May Know This And Some Of The Young Guys May Not. But It really Does Work.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awsomr, thanks for sharing. i will have to look into that. how did it affect the gas milage?

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gas Milage May Have Improved Some, But Did Not Get Any Worse. Running The First Tank Out Now So I Will Let You Know For Positive Soon. Being Able To Feel The Power Change Get You A Little Heavy n The Gas