User Tag List

Thread: build/gather a LA kit or just get a kit??

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default build/gather a LA kit or just get a kit??

ok all ,
    I finally have decided to go with a LA kit for my TJ (2000).
    It looks as if I am piecing one together. I have 4" springs coming, and front upper adjustable control arms. Now can I get a for example a teraflex LA upgrade kit? it has the center bracket and the long lower arms and disco's.

Then the sye and cv shaft, and a high clearance type belly pan (belly up) I already have the 1"bl.

i want to go to 35" tires. - eventually a 44 or 8.8 for the rear axle.

any suggestions to rounding up lift parts or go for a "kit"

I posted this on jeep forum also
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would look at the RE on 4x4groupbuy.com. They usually have package deals (i.e I bought my 4.5 and sye/cv DS for 1450 there a year ago). Crazy4ink should be posting momentarily

Mountain Valley Customs

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having gone through this myself with my TJ; I would buy a kit instead of trying to piece something together. Even with all of my manufacturers and suppliers, I ended up spending more in total than a complete kit would have cost me. It doesn't seem like it at the time, "a little to this place", "a little more to this shop", will add up big picture.

Fitting 35s on a TJ is not tough and I would definetly go with long arms to keep the ride smooth. If you through in one of our 1" bodylifts and some 4" springs, you will can fit 35s.
    Mountain Valley Customs www.mvcustoms.com 570.217.7284
    Specializing in 4x4s and custom fabrication

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1988 to 2008

Closest Installation

Camp Lester
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just went through this. I looked at piecing together a lift kit. After it was all done you end up still missing a few items. I then researched all the long arm kits around. I ended up buying the RE 4.5 kit. It was the most complete kit out there . Some kits out there omit items in there kit assuming you have them or don't need them.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4ink View Post
    Fitting 35s on a TJ is not tough and I would definetly go with long arms to keep the ride smooth. If you through in one of our 1" bodylifts and some 4" springs, you will can fit 35s.

Already have the BL installed and on the shelf a set of 4" springs (came in yesterday). What else do you have for me up there in Mnt VaL?

Quote Originally Posted by red107
    i just went through this. I looked at piecing together a lift kit. After it was all done you end up still missing a few items. I then researched all the long arm kits around. I ended up buying the RE 4.5 kit. It was the most complete kit out there . Some kits out there omit items in there kit assuming you have them or don't need them.
    I like this one also, TNT has a real cool one
    Last edited by Ghost00TJ; 09-23-2008 at 14:03.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already have replaced all the track bars, control arms, springs , and shocks on my wifes Jeep. When it is time to upgrade her to 35's she will get a BL/MML and a gen right LA upgrade or Nth if AEV releases the upgrade kit since she already has a Nth TT.
    2006 Rubicon Unlimited, 6" Nth degree LA, RE remote reservoir shocks, 4.88's, Alloy USA axles, Yukon Super Joints, Warn Power Plant, Warn bumpers, custom winch plate, and more then I have room to list!