1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another Raptor Liner Thread

Well just ordered Raptor Liner spray in bed liner for my truck. Right at $120 complete with gun I figure its worth checking out. I will document each step as I go and update as I go. I plan on scuffing with sandpaper and a scouring wheel on the grinder as needed. Hose and wash with soap and water, mask, clean with acetone, shoot. I have done DIY sprays before just never with Raptor. This stuff looks to be preety user friendly and should give me the desired results, it is after all only a truck bed.
    Heres a few pictures of a finished bed I found online:

and a finished jeep from our very site

If it turns out as easy to use as I expect and looks as good as the pix I am going to order 2 more kits, one for the jeep and one to split between the truck and jeep as a second coat. Thats a great thing about this stuff simply wash truck bed, wipe with acetone, let dry and respray as needed and it blends perfectly.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

product delivered today. First impression WAY easier than the other stuff I have sprayed in the past but only time will tell

Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Andrews AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO Raptor is the best DIY kit on the market. It looks good and is durable. My CJ-8 project (samefully) has been sitting out side for 6 years. The raptor is still like new the UV has not killed it.
    HighlanderCJ-7

If you don't stand behind our troops,
    Feel free to stand in front of them!

...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fred that gun should be familiar to you just an undercoating gun we used here with the bed liners we used to do.
    You said you can do a Jeep for $120? or do you need 2 kits for one jeep? Looks a lot less messy than the liner Xtreeme stuff we used.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I think it is gonna be MUCH less messy. I think I can coat the jeep in one kit, gallon, but if it needs two then I'll get two. Real trial will be the truck bed, because after all it is only a truck bed, if it comes out good, then good if not then oh well.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1990 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did my TJ tub with the UPOL Raptor and LOVE IT!!!!! The kit comes with 4 quarts of liner, hardner and spray gun. I was worried it was going to be a huge PITA to do, but was REALLY simple. I stripped everything out of my TJ, seats, console etc. I washed it, scufffed the surface with a wire wheel (the parts that weren't already scratched up, anyway!) Washed it again, wiped it down with acetone and then sprayed it. It literally took me less than 30 minutes to spray it. Took several hours to prep, though. I shot it using 2 quarts and was happy with it, but then went ahead and hit the high-wear areas with another quart. I figure I didn't really need the last quart, so I'm hanging onto that in case I have to do any repairs in the future. Had it on for a couple months and beat the hell out of it, no gouges or wear AT ALL yet!

I like it so much that I'm probably going to go ahead and get the tintable kit and spray the outside of my TJ with the same forest green it is now. Never have to worry about scratches, oxidation or fading ever again. (Not like I do now, but it should look pretty good when I'm done)

I've used Herculiner and Duplicolor's roll on liner before and there is NO CONTEST between Raptor and those. Raptor KICKS ASS!!!

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited about spraying tomarrow. Its supposed to be 80* with a 20% chance of rain. I am going to pick up the sand paper, wire wheel, masking tape, acetate, and plastic sheeting in the morning then do my prep and maskinging. I have a school lunch with my oldest then in the after noon I will wipe out with acetate and spray.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost00TJ View Post
    You said you can do a Jeep for $120? or do you need 2 kits for one jeep? Looks a lot less messy than the liner Xtreeme stuff we used.
    I did my JKU last week. Took three bottles for a good thick first coat. I used the fourth bottle to hit the cargo and floor areas where the feet hang out for a much thicker finish. This job can easily be done with just one kit. If you are rocking a CJ, YJ, TJ, or 2 door-JK you should be able to get two healthy coats on everywhere. Those above pics are of my tub, that is a good preview of the final finish I got. I am out of town for a couple of weeks but when I return I will post the final cured photos in the thread with my Jeep if you are still curious about doing a Jeep, so to speak.

http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...nterior-finish

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well didn't take a ton of pix sorry but here it is after sanding, scuffing, washing, and very light primer

Let it dry washed with Acetone and started spraying. Finished with 3 bottles. Its pretty heavy. I am letting it flash and going to spray the last bottle over everything to really seal the deal.

and a close up

Stuff is super easy, pretty clean, not messy clean, easy to clean up, and VERY USER FRIENDLY.
    I will be spraying my jeep later and I would recommend this product to anyone.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Is scrounging for parts dmaxjeep's Avatar
    Arlington, VA - Silver Spring, MD / AL / MDW

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1989 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how thick did it end up being on the bed?
    1990 YJ, Sold

1998 TJ, traded

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast