Served
    2003 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lights on, Wipers not working, Blinker not working

so,

i start up the jeep today. the lights come on when the car is running. strange, i check the switch they are in the off position. fog lights dont come on, wippers dont work, and blinkers dont work. Lights shut off when vehicle shuts off, and comes on when the Jeep is started.

great i thought. so i brought it by the dealership on my way to work this morning.

its gonna cost $110 bucks to get a diagnostic done. the guy thinks its a bad modular which goes for $400 to $500 bucks. yeah I dont have that kinda of money.

its an 07 JK with 51,788 miles on it, and before anyone asks, NO there is no warrenty. apparently i was lied to by Hendrick Jeep when I bought it that they told me I had the powertrain warrenty nope, only had the 35,000 mile warrenty and this is coming directly form chrystler when I asked them about a previous issue.

does anyone have any insight on why this could happen?

Oh... but the HORN does work, and I do have headlights. Its not gonna do me any good when I get my vehicle inspected this month, or in the rain.

Thanks.
    Peter
    2007 Wrangler x
    Mods: None YET
    Date of Purchase: October 28, 2006

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.
    ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you checked all the fuses bro??

I feel your pain... I just went through a hassle with a dealership... I took my rig to Rob and Damian at MVC instead and they got me all set up...

Where are you located? I see Salem, what state?

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2003 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in Salem Massachusetts.
    Peter
    2007 Wrangler x

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.
    ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best I can do right now would be to point ya to jk-forum.com That might be where you'll get the best answer.. I wish i could be of more help... Someone else here will prob know something I don't though...

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2003 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks i appreciate it.
    Peter
    2007 Wrangler x

DEATH BEFORE SHORE DUTY! SquiDMonkeY's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check for shorts in the switches and check your lighting relays as well. If i had a wiring diagram/electrical schematic of your lighting system I could give you some better advice. But the relays is where I would start. If the fuse is blown that wouldn't explain why the headlights come on, Unless of course they have diffrent fuse's for those, which is possible, so check those too.

Edit:
    Just realized you mentioned the windshield wipers as well. Are the controls for all the lights on the same switch off the stearing wheel? Or on seperate ones? if they are all on the same little arm coming off the steering wheel, Id check there as well. The windshield wipers should not be in the same circuit as the lighting, with the exception of that common spot.
    Last edited by SquiDMonkeY; 10-01-2008 at 12:00.
    93 Cherokee Sport - Mine
    09 Dodge Journey - ComNavWife's

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2003 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two control arms off the steering wheel. The one on the left handles the blinkers, headlights and fog lights. The one on the right handles the wippers and the speed of the wippers.

They are all in the off, and the lights come on but the fog lights do not. I tried to do the wippers and even tried using the washer fluid spray and that does not even work.

The dash light comes on when the headlights are on. A few weeks back though, when i wanted to dim the dash lights I could not for some reason, and then when i would use the blinkers the dash lights would dim automatically on their own. So maybe it was bound to happen. Who knows. This is the first year model for the JK they are bound to have problems.

I never should have given up my 04 TJ
    Peter
    2007 Wrangler x

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lights are on the left stalk.... windshield wipers are on the right stalk....

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2003 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzHog View Post
    Lights are on the left stalk.... windshield wipers are on the right stalk....

yes that is correct.
    Peter
    2007 Wrangler x

DEATH BEFORE SHORE DUTY! SquiDMonkeY's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the only common area then is the steering column.. I hope that's not where the problem is. Do you have any sort of wiring diagram or schematic for the light assembly? maybe from the back of a hanes manuel or even the Factory Service manuel? I tried doing a google search for the lighting wiring diagram, but couldn't find anything. Definetly check the relays and fuses first though, as well as any not supposed to be grounds or shorts. Check the simple fixes first. To many times i've gone for the complex thing cause I was so "sure that was the problem" turned out to be something simple hate it when that happens. Well my pride hates it, my wallet likes it.
    93 Cherokee Sport - Mine
    09 Dodge Journey - ComNavWife's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast