Served
    Served
    1970 to 1976

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default transmission finally getting repaired

Our TJ is in the transmission shop getting repaired. They called me yesterday morning and had me swing by when I got off work. They are located at the end of the lane we drive down for work. Anyway, somewhere between 1200.00 and 1500.00 to get it back on the road. They showed me some problems with it. I'm also having a transmission cooler installed, along with some other items to make the transmission better/stronger, and that of course brought the price up. The wife wasn't too happy, and let me know what she now thought of Chrysler Jeeps. I had to laugh, she isn't far off the mark. No more off roading/ mudding with it. I reckon it will get lowered to the status of weekend use, go to store type thing. I'll take it when we go out with the 4-Wheelers, Quads, etc. With the winch, it will be a recovery vehicle for them when they get stuck.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't it her that went mudding with it and mucked it up???

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1970 to 1976

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure was !! I'm just keeping quiet for a bit, ha... I'm going to do like she does, store this episode for later use. Come to think of it, she is the one only wanting to use it for local stuff. She is the one who usually does the local stuff running around. I've been had!! She just wants to drove it by herself by golly. Yep, I sure got taken on this one. You know, the other day, before it went into the shop, she had the drivers door open, and had her mug/drinking glass thingy, checking to see if it fit in the drink holders. I never gave it a thought. Thanks Buzzhog. Hmmm,,,