2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doppler View Post
    Looks good! Only thing that I saw that you may consider is in this picture. Im not sure what gauge steel this is in te seat where you mounted the buckle tabs. But considering the amount of force that is applied in a collision, and the fact that these share a single mounting point, you may want to think of a reinforcement plate. If you look at this picture you will see two holes spaced approx 20" apart. If you added a long 1/8" or 3/16" thick plate inside the seat using those two holes plus the one you used for the seat belts it would help distribute any load stress applied to it.
    The seat frame is thick gauge steel and is "C" shaped towards a frontal impact pull but I had also thought of reinforcing this area just for extra peace of mind. It's on my refinement to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppler View Post
    What are your plans for stretching the roll cage to protect the rear seat area?
    None for now. The kids are small enough now that the Jeep would have to go end over end for any intrusion to reach them and with the weight of the engine in front and also the fact that this Jeep will never be used as our crawler, I have confidence that they will be no less safe than in our previous family vehicle that had third row seating. As with any modification there are risks, but I feel, at least for now, they have been mitigated.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Booby View Post
    When the weather gets nice enough, could you snap a pic of the Jeep with the top down, showing all of the seats?
    This is the closest thing I have to having the top down.

10348622_672789342757735_2057559346553857317_n.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123