Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for a TJ... again?

i took the liberty in today to get the bracket that holds the molding under my door on, the wheel speed sensors checked out (intermitten abs light) and the cruise control looked at... so a busy visit. while i was there, i found a 2006 rubicon... that i drove :S it had both options i wanted in a tj when i first searched for one, ABS and a hard top, of course it was a stick shift... and it was just under $21 grand. i think when i come back from the deployment ill b in the market for a tj again. just a funny feeling

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21 grand sounds like way to much for an 06 rubi. especially considering that you can buy a new jk for just over that.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metalcd View Post
    21 grand sounds like way to much for an 06 rubi. especially considering that you can buy a new jk for just over that.
    What he said...

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21k is WAY to much for an 06 rubi......The wife and I where looking at an 07 rubi last year when we bought the trail blazer...it was only 17 or 18.....
    Heroes never die, they just reload!

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metalcd View Post
    ill never own a jk i hate the engine too much. it works in grand caravans but its weird in a wrangler. it had about 8k miles on it and id be lying if i said it saw alot of trails because this thing was in great shape... no scratches or anything. i think they said the owner traded down to a patriot for gas mileage. and i never said i was buying that particular rubicon. its a top line rubicon in great shape so of course dealers are going to try to get as much as they can out of it and i dont blame them with this one since it was in such great shape.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1987 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unless the rubi already has 6" lift, tires, aftermarket front and rear bumpers, winch, rocker/ body protection, ext yeah a bit much but I will tell ya if it is a Rubi Unlimited 06 you would have a great vehicle.

standard for 21K to much

Mountain Valley Customs

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like has already been said, that price is pretty high. I know a Used Rubi in my area is goin for less than 18K. Sounds like you were looking at a really nice one, but don't pay that kind of extra expense. Do some serious shopping when you get back. There will be a ton of good, some probably already a little built, TJs around.
    Mountain Valley Customs www.mvcustoms.com 570.217.7284
    Specializing in 4x4s and custom fabrication

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KJ4ME View Post
    ill never own a jk i hate the engine too much. it works in grand caravans but its weird in a wrangler. it had about 8k miles on it and id be lying if i said it saw alot of trails because this thing was in great shape... no scratches or anything. i think they said the owner traded down to a patriot for gas mileage. and i never said i was buying that particular rubicon. its a top line rubicon in great shape so of course dealers are going to try to get as much as they can out of it and i dont blame them with this one since it was in such great shape.
    Why are you defending it so vigorously? We're all brothers here, there's nothing personal...

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just stating that i dont like the jks engine (i wonder if 2010 models will get the new phoenix engine?) and that keeps me from owning one. i seriously dont blame the dealer for pricing it at 21k because it is in such tip top shape and such low miles, but i wouldnt pay quite that much unless i got a really low APR then i wouldnt care

not attacking anyone just stating opinions

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I paid 21 for my unlimited rubicon with 14k on it a year and a half ago. Also, I am pretty sure that rubicons were not offered with ABS. If you are in the market for one, look on the boards on rubicon owners forum. There are several already lifted for that price and less.
    2006 Rubicon Unlimited, 6" Nth degree LA, RE remote reservoir shocks, 4.88's, Alloy USA axles, Yukon Super Joints, Warn Power Plant, Warn bumpers, custom winch plate, and more then I have room to list!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast