2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Found a lift, would like comments/suggestions

If I could get yalls opinions on this lift kit. I was searching around online and found this... I dont know as much as al of you do, so any comments would be appreciated
    http://store.4wheelingplus.com/prodd...d=668S&cat=200
    Guns dont kill people..... gaping holes in vital organs kill people...

The real test comes when all strength has fled and man must produce victory on will alone.

Chevreep

Machete wielding woodsman 94GC52's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm partial to Rubicon Express, due to the ability to upgrade with only parts substitution instead of having to sap out a whole kit when you want to upgrade. A cheap lift is just that, cheap. As a member of MJ.com you can reap alot of discounts from some really good vendors and still end up with a quality product.
    Got Machete?

98 GC Special Edition 5.9l (build in progress) RE 4.5" SF Lift, Mickey Thompson 33" MTZ's, 15x10 ProComp 152's, ProtoFab Pre-Runner Winch Bumper, 10k winch, Np242 Tcase Swap...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Josh said, I would shoot Rob (crazy4ink) a pm and see what he can do for you. I say buy nice or buy twice, and that goes with the whole thinking of being able to switch out some parts versus buying a whole new lift if you want to go another route such as LA. I am running the RE 4.5 also.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1986 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lift

Its not a bad lift. Looks like the superlift 4". If you do use this lift get a front track bar. I helped a friend install a superlift 4". We needed a track bar to get the alignment right. Personally I would stay away from rough country. We installed one on an 02 Tj. It was there 6". The directions were horrible and it was missing a ton of parts. I would go with the rubicon express 4.5. Another buddy put one on his 01TJ and it actually lifted it a bit over 5".

Ken

Hardcore Net Guru Off Road Concepts's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Vendor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta agree with the recommendations for RE. The RC has shock boots and a pittman which you won't need and doesn't include things you do like track bar and brake lines. I doubt if that steel tube will eliminate vibes, so I'd also budget for a SYE and DS if you want to go 4"+.
    Personally I think best cheap lift is what I have on my TJ, the RE BB, 2". Throw and a 1" BL and MM kit and spend the rest on some armor if you aren't set up for that already. Second choice is the RE 3.5 but that will be more like a grand and still the DS vibes are a possible for the 3.5" lift.
    Another cheap option is to hit up the craigslist in your area, ppl here always go bigger and take off 1 y/o lifts, but know what you are buying. HTH

There's blood EVERYWHERE!

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1999

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a fan of that kit... You're going to want to upgrade everything but the springs in 6 months anyways... save up for something that performs better...
    "Uhm... Is smoke supposed to be coming from there?"

www.odjeeps.com

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1996 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by friskeljr View Post
    If I could get yalls opinions on this lift kit. I was searching around online and found this... I dont know as much as al of you do, so any comments would be appreciated
    http://store.4wheelingplus.com/prodd...d=668S&cat=200
    Don't know if any of you shop www.4wd.com, but they give 10% military discount for military members. I got my lift thru them for just under $600, after a 10% discount and free shipping.
    SSG Mike Abken
    OIF twice now.
    '99 TJ, 4 Cyl., 3in lift.

"I am not lost, I am exploring my surroundings."