Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Odyssey Odyssey

I am a serious battery guy, always have been especially have being at the very END of a long trail in Moab and my Battery (Optima Marine grade) failed as I was turning around to leave. Why? Internal short from a loose cell. That ended my love affair with Optima's.

So I bit the bullet and bought Odyssey's. You can buy better unless you cross the line into the technical grade stuff which can run into the high hundreds and thousands. So after much searching I find a place on line that sold them for $335 plus free FEDX shipping. Now that is a deal considering they weigh 83 lbs for a Grp 31 Marine (I like the dual top posts). I order 2 of them.

9d0d19adba74a70b86d83c9308bdd0e7.jpg

Couple of days later 2 show up at the door. Except one is busted at the top corner. I contact the company and the promptly ship out another one, couple of days later I am coming down my road on my John Deere and up drives the FEDX truck. We open it and bam, it took has a busted corner. I contact company and couple of days later another shows up. I now have 4. 2 are primo, the other 2 have busted corners.

IMG_1543.jpg

Well as it happens I have a spot for stationary batteries. So I throw my charger on the two busted corner batteries, charge them then let them set, yep they hold a full charge. I end up trading one to my contractor who has been working on the house since Jan. He showed up late, as the battery died on his truck. Traded him the Odyssey with broke corner for some cabinet work, the other is now down on my gate opening and closing.

IMG_1603.jpg

Odyssey batteries can take a hit and keep on ticking...
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SavageSun4x4 View Post
    Odyssey batteries can take a hit and keep on ticking...
    I ,like them also.

And being an AGM, you can squirt some epoxy over the cracks to seal/hold things together, and still run them in a rig.

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillE View Post
    I ,like them also.

And being an AGM, you can squirt some epoxy over the cracks to seal/hold things together, and still run them in a rig.
    For sure, my contractor come driving in today in his Dodge 3500 dually truck and with great pride and thanks he showed me how he stuffed that Grp 31 into his big truck its diesel. He said that battery SPINS that engine over like he had never heard it like that before.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com