2012 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Military Jeeper's Fort Stewart

To whom it may concern, I am stationed at Fort Stewart, GA. Our nearest chapter is 4 hours away in Fort Benning, GA. I would like information and permission to start a Military Jeeper's Fort Stewart. I have spoken with the local VFW and they would like to team up and see what we can do together. I have spoken with other jeep owner's and they would welcome the opportunity to start a chapter and meet up for on and off-road events. Fort hood military Jeeper's is what started it all for me, we had a huge impact on the community. I would like to try and bring that experience to other family's here at Fort Stewart. on post we have the trunk or treat, we have something called warriors walk where you dress up the trees of the fallen with flags and decorations. I'm sure there's a lot more events we can be a part of and maybe the division commander will be so impressed we can team up for other important events. This is just an idea, but if it goes well it'll be worth the time and effort we put in. I look forward to hearing back from anyone who has any information on this topic. Thank you.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2012 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1965 to 1968

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why not. But the rules are ....Have to own a Jeep and be military eg reservist / active / retired.
    Have to have at least 5 members. The chapter can invite others groups on chapter group functions.
    Hope this helps.
    If you don't give up---You will never fail.

8th Combat Engineers (Sapper) (Vietnam 66)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2012 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chapter start up checklist?

I was told to make sure it was ok from the mother chapter (military jeepers.com) to start a new chapter, so that's awesome if i'm allowed to based on basic criteria being met like serving. But also is there rules and regs for me to download for my members to read and understand before committing to be apart of the chapter? Liability waivers in case they break their rig on the trail, they can't blame the chapter. Thanks for your previous reply by the way.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1995 to 1999

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great idea! Specially if all those you've already talked to are Jeepers! ("Military" jeepers that is!).
    i love my country , but scared to death of its government!

Back in the Jeep life! no more small cars here!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1965 to 1968

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greyna1 View Post
    I was told to make sure it was ok from the mother chapter (military jeepers.com) to start a new chapter, so that's awesome if i'm allowed to based on basic criteria being met like serving. But also is there rules and regs for me to download for my members to read and understand before committing to be apart of the chapter? Liability waivers in case they break their rig on the trail, they can't blame the chapter. Thanks for your previous reply by the way.
    Basically is explained at the home page.
    You can share anything you want to others if you will.
    "http://www.militaryjeepers.com/"

I highly recommend safety first and lots of safe fun afterwards.
    And also remember that if you don't know where you going.....Any trail will take you there.

Carry-On.
    If you don't give up---You will never fail.

8th Combat Engineers (Sapper) (Vietnam 66)