User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone down for a wrenching party in sterling virginia Sunday?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone down for a wrenching party in sterling virginia Sunday?

We are putting my snorkel in Sunday the 10th. Start time is 10 am in sterling Virginia. If you want to go, shoot me a pm and I will send the address. Should be fun and not to long of a job. After that I will be driving across the Potomac River to try nd see if it is a shortcut home.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I could help, but Im slaving in the comissary. Got inventory Sun night so we are working extra hours. Sucks, but its supporting the Jeep addiction. Just got the BL/MML so that I can put the Medic belly up on.

Who is helping you with this? Prob 02tj or H2 Rec if you are doing it in Sterling. If its 02, listen to him and take the fender off trust me.

Toblave, 02 and I did my snorkle and it was hell enlarging the battery tray mount holes to get the duct tube through. There is just no room to get a tool in there and the mount is not coming out unless you take the fender off. A 3-4 hour job took us all afternoon.....
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have to have the MML for a belly up?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    Do you have to have the MML for a belly up?
    Depends on which belly up you get. The Nth Tummy tucker that is about to be rereleased by AEV requires no BL or MML, but you have to use a tool and dimple the underside of the tub for clearance at one spot.

You can run the Medic skids like miljeep and I have with just a BL, but then you really need a CV driveshaft. On a TJ, you should have a CV driveshaft with the belly up anyway because it adds to the overall lift at the t case out put.

Using a MML is best because it evens out all of your driveline angles, and you do not have to relocate your fan shroud for the body lift. I also need the MML, because I have a Skid row engine skid that I will use in conjunction with the belly up. There is no clearance between my auto tranny pan and the top of the skids unless I lift the engine.

Finally, take a look at the Bombproof motor mounts from MORE. They are way stronger and better designed than the factory parts.

Back to your regularly scheduled snorkle thread...........
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the CV shaft and a BL. I was just curious for the long run when I finally get a belly up going if it was a necessity. Thanks for your in depth answer. It seems that MML has found its way onto my list.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    I have the CV shaft and a BL. I was just curious for the long run when I finally get a belly up going if it was a necessity. Thanks for your in depth answer. It seems that MML has found its way onto my list.
    You are welcome.

A belly up is one of the best mods that you can do to a Jeep that really wheels. No more catching the corrugated edges of the skid on trail obstacles and less high centering, especially with the Unlimiteds. The skids are also thicker and better protection than the factory part. They also just plain look better than the stock Jeep beer belly.

But wow what an expensive mod after you include all the parts to really do it correctly:

Belly up skid
    CV Driveshaft
    Adjustable rear upper control arms
    Body lift
    Motor mount lift

Since you already have the CV shaft and other parts, it will be less painful for you. Cost is why its taken me so long to get one.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. Yeah...luckily I'm only down the skid and mml. I didn't realize how much actually went into it.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the JKS MML and it has worked pretty good so far. I did learn to take the advice of the people that did it before and posted their little "how to" online. I did not do it right the first time, tried to half ass it as I ran out of time in the garage, then went back weeks later to take it out and do it right all over again.

I have the Jeep Medic Engine Skid and Jeep Medic Belly Up. I also have the Jeep Medic LCA skids, but don't know how to weld and duct tape does not hold them on too well, so they are sitting in my tool box. Good thing though because I had to dril through the frame and used them to protect agains the bit going to far and hitting a gas line.

Anyway, Jeep Medic makes some pretty good stuff and I followed JeepinSoldiers' wisdom he sent me in a PM and bought them before they closed down.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2008

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess i'm late on the wrenching party
    2012 kawasaki Teryx4