Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Determining Rear Sag

So I've been doing some research for lifting my stock XJ. My intentions for the XJ is to be mostly a DD, but attempt some light wheeling that once in a blue moon. From what I've gathered, I think 2" BB would work best for my needs.

I also know that there are many ways to get the desired 2" of lift, but would like to know how I should gauge my rear leaf springs in order to figure out if I can go with shackles or go the AAL/bastard pack.

I can post pics later, but right now the Jeep seems level to the naked eye, but the tire/fender distance in the rear is shorter than up front.

stats:
    Stock 1996 XJ Country, 145,xxx miles.
    1996 XJ Country| 3" Rough Country Series II Kit | Rock Crawler D-Window 15x8, 3.75 BS | 235x75x15 Uniroyal Liberator | K&N FIPK | Magnaflow Cat | Gibson Exhaust Cat Back System

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your rear is probably sagging, but don't worry that is a good thing as long as they are not inverted. The longer and flatter the leaf, the more flex it has. I would go with a bastard pack using junk yard XJ leafs and pick up some coil spring spacers for the front. This will save you lots of money, and when inchitis hits, you can add a rear shackle, bigger front coils, shocks, and an SYE.

I would also suggest trimming your fenders. You can fit 31s then and not worry about rubbing (provided you bumpstop properly...but who does that anyway!)

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the leaf springs are amost flat, but not inverted. Thanks for the suggestions
    1996 XJ Country| 3" Rough Country Series II Kit | Rock Crawler D-Window 15x8, 3.75 BS | 235x75x15 Uniroyal Liberator | K&N FIPK | Magnaflow Cat | Gibson Exhaust Cat Back System