Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default dash gauge problems???

Ok, it started out as something small and custom to do to the JEEP. I wanted to change the color of the dash lights to red and thought it would be no problem. I was wrong. Now my gauges are acting up. My fuel gauge is showing empty. My oil pressure is showing the max and the voltmeter is to. I reset the system by disconnecting the battery but it didn't do anything. WTF??? If anyone knows what's going on help a brother out. All comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easiest thing to check 1st would be dash fuses, but if some of the gauges are maxed out I would think your fuses would be ok.
    Not sure what all is entailed in changed out the dash lights, but is it possible you grounded something out? Did you have the battery disconnected while doing the work?

F it! It ain't my Jeep. Ricky Booby's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a TJ? I had something sort of like this in my dash. Does your odometer light up? Just like Jeff said, check the fuses. There are two spots. One fuse block behind the glove box, and one under the hood.
    www.pnwjeep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got it figured out. the screws you have holding the gauges in place are also incorporated into the circuit board. after closer examination i noticed that i had just a couple of screws in place so i could drive and still have the cluster in without having to undo the dash completly. once i put all the screws back in all my gauges are back up and running. thanks for in help fellas. i have now purchased the bulb covers from quadratec for 3.99 a 3 pack and learned a valuable lesson: ALWAYS pay close attetion and ALWAYS disconnect the battery. didn't fry anything but probably could have considering i was on the board w/o a ground strap. thanks again guys for all the input. >)