1990 to 2010

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mopar remote start

I purchased a Mopar remote start kit. I was missing a hood switch. From the picture it looks like a mercury switch. Until a large jeep parts company sends me a switch I have been unable to get the unit to start my jeep. I get the safety disable error. I have tried different ways to bypass this switch with no luck. If anyone has this can I get an Ohm reading on the switch.

Cort
    ---
    2008 Wrangler X
    RR front bumper with endcaps, hoop and RRC rock rails, 3" Teraflex Lift with shocks, Delta Quad bar headlight upgrade, daystar dash insert, daystar switch panel, remote start kit, "Rubicon Style" wheels with BFG 255/75R17's, Hypertech Programer, Trueflow Extreme Duty Intake, and Crown stainless extended brake lines.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1989 to 2012

Closest Installation

NSA Orlando
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldnt it be 0 ohms if the hood is shut, and infinate if the hood is open?
    Thats what I would think?

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1990 to 2010

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what I thought too. But for some reason I can not get it to work. Quadratec will not answer my emails, and I can't seem to wake up early enough or stay awake late enough to call them up. I thought that maybe as a way to keep us from simply wiring around the switch they put a resistive value in to keep the voltage at set level, short or open and no engine start. I am probably wrong simply because that would cost too much for the value. *shrug*
    ---
    2008 Wrangler X
    RR front bumper with endcaps, hoop and RRC rock rails, 3" Teraflex Lift with shocks, Delta Quad bar headlight upgrade, daystar dash insert, daystar switch panel, remote start kit, "Rubicon Style" wheels with BFG 255/75R17's, Hypertech Programer, Trueflow Extreme Duty Intake, and Crown stainless extended brake lines.