1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Husky Molded Floor Liners Review

I put the husky molded floor liners that I had purchased from ThinkMud off of the beltway jeepers site in today. They are nice. The floor liners are made to slide right into place, replacing your existing floor mats.

Because I had the rockhard 4x4 sport cage with the floor mounts, the floor mats did nt fit perfect due to the extra metal tubing extending down fromthe dash into the floor. They would have fit god enough to get by, but it would have annoyed me knowing that I may have been able to do something to make them fit better.

I asked my wife if I could use her heat gun, it is actually an embossing gun that she uses for scrapbooking, but it did the job. It is basically like a hair dryer on steroids.

So, off to the jeep I went with a fire extinguisher (ya never know), a silicon oven mit and the heat embossing gun. I heatd up the rubber floor mat around the area of the metal tubing and just used my hand with the silicon oven mit on to press the floor mat into place around the metal tubing.

When it cooled, it looked pretty good and because I did not cut it to fit, I still have that 3 inch high side of the mat to catch water and mud.

I also got the mat for the back of the jeep. The mat extends to under the rear seat so that if you lift the rear seat up, you still have the mat to help catch water or oil or whatever may spill.

I do think that the mats are nice and even though the price for a new site is kind of high, If I had rhino lined the inside of my jeep I would have picked up a set to help protect the lining from rubbing off or getting soft around the drivers side pedal area and also to help protect gear and equipment, furniture, whatever, thrown in the back from getting messed up or scratched by the lining.

Pretty nice. Here is a photo of a new front husky molded floor liner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats good to know, that they can be made to fit with a full cage. I was thiking of getting some,but hate to spendthe $$$ and then have o cut them to fit. Have any installed pics?

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can take some pics thursday. I have night fire tomorrow. yippee. Anyway, I just had to heat up the liner to bend a little around one part, so it was not that bad. That heat gun was probably pretty cheap and you can find them at craft stores. The nice thing was the the liner was pretty pliable for quite a while after taking the gun away from it, so I basically just held it in place until it hardened up again and stayed in the shape I needed it to be.

On A Budget

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2004 Rubi that I recently purchased used came with the husky floor liners. Nice easy to clean, and durable yes. However in a WI winter they can get, slushy, Icy and wet. If you need to step up into a lifted jeep in the winter I wouldn't reccomend them. My front foot keep sliding aropund, and then my Father -In-Law, actuallly fell tring to get in. I ended up taking them out, and haven't put them back in yet. Next trip up to my folks place ill probly grab them, for going camping, or days when I know i might muddy up my interior.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have them and love them. You can get alot of mud on your boots and the liners will keep most of it from getting all over the inside of the Jeep.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same mats... they are good to go

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 'em too. Whenever they start to fill up with mud and muck, just take 'em out in the driveway and spray 'em off with the hose. Helps keep all the mud and sand from doing PT in one place in the Jeep.

Joel