User Tag List

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: // CLOSED // Enter to win some great recovery equipment from Master Pull.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default // CLOSED // Enter to win some great recovery equipment from Master Pull.

About the contest:

The great folks at Master Pull have offered to give one lucky Military Jeepers Member some of their top of the line recovery equipment. The contest is a simple one and it will last until March 30, 2009 or longer if we have not received at least 250 entries by that date. If 250 valid entries have not been received by March 30, 2009, the contest will be extended until midnight EST of the day that the 250 entries have been received.
    This contest is open to Military Jeepers members only.

To enter the contest, simply respond to this thread with a post (no word count requirement) explaining why you need or want the recovery gear being given to the winner. To add a little twist, the post must contain the following three words / phrases: RECOVERY, MASTER PULL, SYNTHETIC WINCH LINE. Too easy.

The Prizes:
    Master Pull will send the following items to the winner.

The items combined have an approximate retail value of about $850.00. For more information click on the item above to be taken to the Master Pull page about that product.

The Rules:
    One entry per member is allowed. Every non-entry post will be deleted. The item will be shipped from Master Pull to the winner. Due to the size and weight of the packages, shipping cannot be to a post office box and must be to a U.S. Mailing Address. If required by Master Pull, someone must be available to sign for the delivered packages. We cannot be responsible for glitches on the server or downtime that is beyond our control. If something were to happen to Military Jeepers that caused us to have to upload the site from a backup and your post was posted after that backup, then it may not be listed and will give you a fresh chance to post yet another interesting witty post as to why you should win the recovery gear. You must use the three words in your entry to be considered a valid entry. The three words are "Master Pull, Recovery and Synthetic Winch Line". The winner will be chosen by a party not affiliated with Military Jeepers, with that being said, they have no idea who is who on here and this leaves the contest open to everyone, even the admins. If you wish to take a minute to write an email to master pull to thank them for supporting us with a contest, please use the form on this page (http://www.masterpull.com/contact.cfm) and let them know that as a member of military jeepers, you appreciate what they did for us. We reserve the right to discontinue, extend or shorten the timeframe of this contest at any time without notice. We reserve the right to edit the rules of the contest as we deem necessary without any prior notice. We reserve the right to remove an entries which we feel were posted by people that did not satisfy the requirements to be a member of Military Jeepers as outlined on our Homepage and in our Terms of Use. The contest is scheduled to end on 30 March, 2009, but will be extended if we have not reached a minimum of 250 entries by that time. The contest will be extended until 250 entries have been reached. There will only be one winner and the winner will receive both items shown above. The winner will be announced the week following the end of the contest on this post.

Contest information last updated 18 Jan, 2009.
    Last edited by miljeep; 01-18-2009 at 23:23.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2008

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be freaking awsome if i could win the RECOVERY gear from MASTER PULL because the cable on my winch has been used and abused from pulling myself and friends out of bad situations. I think the SYNTHETIC WINCH LINE would be an awsome alternitive to a steel cable replacement.
    Last edited by TexCJ7; 03-13-2009 at 20:20.
    2012 kawasaki Teryx4

Sold-85 CJ7, 6 inch lift, siting on 36's, welded rear, lots of drain holes

Sold-93 YJ, 4.0,

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1995 to 2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of my contractor job in Iraq I don't get to go wheeling very often. Long rotations in country and the need to spend time with my family when I am home often come first before I take the jeep out. I can say this... When I do take my YJ out... I will run her as hard as she can go. The reputation of Master Pull gives me the assurance that no matter how much or how little I use the recovery equipment... it will always perform when needed. As such I also have to rely on the strength and durability that a synthetic winch line provides. I was going to purchase a winch and recovery equipment for myself this Christmas, but instead, I purchased a pistol with hopes that having it in my home would make my wife feel a little safer during the time when I am not home. Do I want the equipment...yes. Am I the most deserving person... probably not. This is my entry.
    Last edited by RnEmOvr; 01-25-2009 at 12:18.
    For over 221 years our Corps has done two things for this great Nation. We make Marines and we win battles.
    óGen Charles C. Krulak, 31st CMC, 5 May 1997

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1986 to Present

Closest Installation

F. E. Warren AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be great to have a Synthetic winch line that is made by Master-Pull to help in the Recovery of my Jeep if needed. If I would win it will be a great Birthday present for myself since the contest ends on my Birthday.
    "So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those b*****ds won't get away this time!"
    CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2008 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to having many idiotic friends and going on trail rides with my club I find myself in situations where recovery is needed, of myself or of others. I feel that it would be safer and more efficient to use a Master Pull recovery system including a Synthetic winch line in order to protect myself and others around me from a wire cable snapping and coming back with full force from the tension built up just prior to the snap.

I have seen more than one incident where a steel cable line under high stress snaps and has taken our rear windows, front windshields and done heavy damage to other vehicles around the recovery vehicle. Luckily I have never seen anyone injured but that doesn't mean I would ever like to.
    1997 TJ - Comp Rig
    1998 XJ - Beater house car
    1929 Ford Tudor
    1953 Chevy Bel Air - Current Project

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often wheel by myself, and Recovery items is something I dont have, but drastically need. I would like a winch with Synthetic Winch Line because I take my 4 year old son with me, and I would hate for a cable to snap and hit him, or me for that matter. Thank you, Master-Pull, for stepping up and offering your products. I will even place some stickers on my Jeep to help with advertising.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a moron offroad. My winch needs help. If my jeep could, it would hang itself with SYNTHETIC WINCH LINE. My buddies are considered RECOVERY experts when they ride with me, because you can bet they brought their MASTER PULL gear.
    Last edited by korisu56; 01-20-2009 at 06:02.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2004

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning this gear would add a level of safety to the fun of off-roading with my friends. The Recovery systems themselves are a whole of the part to the adventure of 4X4. As like many jeep fans, we are always looking for a way to cut weight in our Jeeps, without losing the advantage of both self recovery and team recovery. The synthetic winch line adds to this benefit of less weight without losing the strength to conduct that safe recovery with conferenced.

On several Boy Scouting adventure, being the only jeep that attended, and the Cub Scout Master. (Not all folks in the world drive 4X4), it was in my area of responsibility to help in the safe recovery of a stuck Scouter. The Master Pull system gear, would not only add to the safe approch to this type of recovery, but also add to the adage of the scout motto of "Be Prepared ".

AL
    Last edited by RnEmOvr; 01-25-2009 at 12:19.
    You can follow me..but it is gone to hurt.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Master Pull Recovery gear.

There is no question why I am entering this contest. With the history of MASTER PULL products use by the Rock-Crawling Association, Rock-Crawling competitors, and last but far from least, the U.S. Military, Police, Fire and Search and Rescue, you know it is a brand that can be trusted not to fail.

Like many others on this forum, I love to get out and wheel. Being in the military, anything Jeep related for me is second to my family and making improvements takes longer. A few months ago, I was fortunate to find a winch that a friend wanted to get rid of. It is an old Warn 8274-50 style winch that was factory mounted on a J-10 pick-up. Since I have gotten the winch, it has been used as much to help non-wheelers as it has wheelers on the trails. Not just for vehicle
    RECOVERY
    , but also in vehicle repair. It has been used to pull dead vehicles onto trailers, and crushed fenders/bumpers away from tires so they could drive home. The old steel winch winch line has seen better days, and SYNTHETIC WINCH LINE would be the perfect upgrade. For me using my winch isn't the first option during wheeling, but once in a while it is a necessary one close to last chance. I would like to have the piece of mind that it won't let me down. And while the motor on the winch is solid, and the $10.00 strap I use as a tree saver works, the Master Pull Synthetic Winch Line and Recovery Gear would give me the piece of mind that my family, friends, and I can come home safely.

Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

4merly Known As 1TN LSYJ Va Krawlers's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2002 to 2011

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be outstanding to win the MASTER PULL equipment. I've been building my jeep and collecting parts for almost 5 years now. as I near the end of the build, it would be nice to get a little something to keep the drive going. I could really use the SYNTHETIC WINCH LINE to help when it finally is finished to aid in any RECOVERY that I may need. BUT hopefully, I will have built it well enough that this outstanding collection of goodies only has to come out to help OTHER people and not myself.

My Jeep has been a permanant fixture in my garage. I've gone through every stage a builder can from cant wait to finish it, to can't stand to look at it, to ready to sell it all and be done with it. But in the end, it has stayed, and been a great peice of therapy for me while I am dealing with all of my issues with my back and my brain. So help me keep the toy going!

Thanks.
    Brady

CLICK ME!! -----> Virginia Krawlers <----- CLICK ME!!

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast