Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tere flex 2.5 inch lift

I am considering installing the tera flex 2.5 lift with the shock extenders. My question on project jk they discuss and issue where with stock rims and tires the right rear will rub at full extension. They suggest wheel spacers, I have no experince with these. I understand they come in pairs would I need to buy two pairs or could i get away with just the backs. How would just haveing the backs effect the way the jeeps drives. Thanks for the help
    07 JK 2 DR Rubicon, RTI Score 673, 32's TereFlex 2.5 lift with shocks ,1 inch M.O.R.E Body Lift, Custom Bumper By Fred and Dave, and Raingler nets & grips , CB CH 4

With out soldier sacrifice America would not be here today. Soldier on Hooah!!!

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e.php?ref=home

http://campmj.com/

F it! It ain't my Jeep. Ricky Booby's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF you were to get spacers, I would get 2 sets. Front and rear. However, you could just get aftermarket wheels and tires and be done with it. What kind of "shock extenders" are you talking about, what do they look like?

Bobby
    www.pnwjeep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2000

Closest Installation

Fort Lee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cphill209 View Post
    I am considering installing the tera flex 2.5 lift with the shock extenders. My question on project jk they discuss and issue where with stock rims and tires the right rear will rub at full extension. They suggest wheel spacers, I have no experince with these. I understand they come in pairs would I need to buy two pairs or could i get away with just the backs. How would just haveing the backs effect the way the jeeps drives. Thanks for the help
    You will need spacers in both front and rear if using your stock wheels, otherwise you will need to buy wheels with 4.5" backspacing.

I'm considering the same lift kit...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they come with the tera flex 2.5 system, you can either buy new shocks and coils, or jsut shocks and spacer or you can just get the spacer and these extenders to use your stock shocks. I will eventually get new tires and rims but for now my jeep only has 23,000 on my stock rubi set up. so it not the way i need to go just yet. Just want to get by till i get new tires and rims
    07 JK 2 DR Rubicon, RTI Score 673, 32's TereFlex 2.5 lift with shocks ,1 inch M.O.R.E Body Lift, Custom Bumper By Fred and Dave, and Raingler nets & grips , CB CH 4

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2000

Closest Installation

Fort Lee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At around $400 bucks, you can't go wrong with this lift... Springs, sway bar links, shock extenders, etc.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragline View Post
    You will need spacers in both front and rear if using your stock wheels, otherwise you will need to buy wheels with 4.5" backspacing.

I'm considering the same lift kit...
    sir, im not sure but i dont think you need to go that far with your off set do ya? i was lookin in to a 3" sus. kit for my jk and ask the guys on my other site the same Q. they said i could run with as little as 3.5 back spacing...um...sorry didnt think ahead. the kit i was lookin at comes with new shocks. not sure about the extenders...my have to run the bigger back space...

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't do wheel spacers just get properly back spaced wheels.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2000

Closest Installation

Fort Lee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the info from the Teraflex page... 2.5 with shock extenders...

Product Description

The 2.5” lift kit is an ultra simple lift kit designed for the serious no-frills four wheeling reminiscent of the old days. Build up the legend and go for a drive!

The 2.5” of lift is the perfect amount to allow you to run a 35” tire, and give the maximum wheel travel and articulation. Perfect for all daily driven Wranglers.

The kit is available in three configurations for your desired performance level. The basic lift includes all of the essential items needed (some form of shock modification will be required- either adapters or new longer shocks). The kit with adapters will allow you to utilize the factory shock absorbers, and the third configuration includes TeraFlex VSS 9550 shock absorbers to fine tune the suspension movements of the lifted vehicle. Pick your version, bolt it on, and get on the trail!

This kit will allow you to run up to a 35” tire (aftermarket wheels with 4.5” backspacing or less are required). Fits all JK Wranglers including Rubicon and Unlimited.

Warning: If planning to use stock wheels, wheel spacers (Part #1055000) must be purchased with this kit.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah thats what i read to. i guess i was just trying to be cheap and not buy 2 sets of wheel spacers.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so you know, I have a friend of mine sporting a 3" TeraFlex lift with 1.5" spaces and he clears 37" tires with no rubbing. If you're going to get the 2 1/2" lift with spacers, why not just get the 3" lift. Something to think about anyway.
    A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast