1983 to 1996

Closest Installation

Fort Lewis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Jeeper, and Jeep...

So... I've not been as active on the boards lately... We've had yet another life changing moment in our lives. Most of you know the story of my son, and now we've added another chapter.

Many months ago, my wife's cousin asked us to be her son's God Parents and gaurdians if something should ever happen to her. Well that day came... She got very sick one day and died suddenly. True to our promise, about 10 days ago we brought home Aiden to raise him. Aiden is only 5 months old now...

So almost 20 years to the day my son Andrew was born, Aiden was born and we are starting all over again.

When I saw the pictures Ryan put up with his boy in his new Jeep, I wanted to share some of our new pictures.

BUT, the story does not end there... My wife exclaimed that she wasn't going to put a baby in and out of the back seat of a convertible coupe; she wanted a four door. However she wanted to still have the abiltiy to take the top off. Since she has to go to work regardless of the weather she also wanted a four wheel drive. SO... where do you find a four-door, four wheel drive car with a removable top? YOU Betcha... the Jeep Dealership. So my wife's new baby-mobile is a JK.

Jon Shields
    http://www.myspace.com/jonjshields

Lest we never forget...
    http://www.afghanistanwarheroes.org/shieldsaj.htm

"Stay focused, know what you want to do with your life and make your dreams comes true." Andrew Shields KIA 31 May 2008 OEF

From Bell Co., KY stationed at Ft. Benning

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Benning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome little jeependent. Ironic his name means "little fire" and your jeeps are red. My wife and I are thrilled for you. May he bring you and your wife many blessings for years to come. Oh BTW Aiden...nice rig!
    "Neither current events nor history show that the majority rule, or ever did rule." CSA President Jefferson Davis

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about your rough times! Nice jeep now hit the trails with little man and put a big ol' smile on his face
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a rough story. Glad to hear things for you and the wife are working out though.
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this while sitting in the parking lot waiting for pt formation. Sorry to hear about the baby's mother, but congratulations. Our son is right around the same age and we have lots of new stuff that he will probably never use. If you need anything, just post up or send a pm. I am guessing you have the crib and everything, but if not we may be able to help out with one of those pack and play things.

Ryan

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1975 to 1978

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be proud of being a parent and be proud of what you've done. You're a good man.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats and my condolences! It's an awesome thing you guys are doing. Likewise, if you need anything. We have three boys...our youngest is about Aiden's age. I'm sure we have some things in storage we can send your way!
    "People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf" - George Orwell

"There Is No Hunting Like The Hunting Of Man, And Those Who Have Hunted Armed Men Long Enough And Liked It, Never Care For Anything Else Thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

2005 TJ Sport > > > OME 2.5" Suspension Lift, JKS Front & Rear Adjustable Track Bars, JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least some good things came out of a sad story. Welcome back and thanks for bringing another future member . Good job on the jeeps too. The closest I got my wife is a Grand Cherokee.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First My condolences second congrats and nice Jeep
    Stickers

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good to see that happiness can come out of something tragic. He looks like a terrific addition to your family. Congrats on the new Jeep too.
    A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast