User Tag List

Page 481 of 482 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 4816

Thread: What did you do to your Jeep today?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished adding lights and wiring them up today. I used JK parking/turn signal lenses. I cut 3 1/8" holes in the grill and re-routed the wiring under the grill and up to the lenses and replaced the incandescent bulbs with LEDs. Also wired in the cornering lights which are also LED. To keep the turn signals flashing correctly, I replaced the factory flasher with a Novita EP26 variable load flasher. Works great.

Attached Images Attached Images

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1989 to 2012

Closest Installation

NSA Orlando
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
    I have the replacement sitting in the garage just need to watch some videos so I donít screee up. Donít have the monkeys yet, trying to be proactive.

So youíre all good now? No noises, codes, sounds, etc.?
    All Good. I watched a couple of videos before hand, but they didn't talk about the "what if's" after the fact. Their replacements worked like a charm. Did some interweb searching to figure what how to deal with the codes or the no run issue. It seams it could be easy as making minor adjustments to the OPDA to having to set TDC of the engine and then re-installing the OPDA.
    Guess I got lucky
    Bless those who serve beneath the deep, through lonely hours their vigi keep.
    May peace their mission ever be,
    Protect each one we ask of thee.
    Bless those at home who wait and pray, for their return by night or day.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Posted it for sale on another forum. Hate it but I gotta do something.

'83 CJ 8 Scrambler
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooo, I'm guessing the breather on the JKU 6 speed manual trans, is in the front.....

Parked the Jeep in front of my garage, on a slope, nose down.

Sat for 3 days in wicked below weather, hitting -37 one night, never getting above -20 in the day.

Jump start it (new battery 2 weeks ago..) and park it in my normal spot on level ground, let it warm up for 15 minutes.

Come back out, and there's a huge puddle of oil in the snow..........shit.

Shut it off and went in to warm up.

Just blew a rubber brake line on the truck, need the Jeep.

Go out and check the oil, try and find what cut loose.

Oil level is normal.....Okayyy.

Do the old 'sniff and taste' test on the fluid....it's gear oil!

Damn breather must have filled up parked nose down, and blew out as it warmed up.

So far she's running ok, no noise. Will check fluid when it gets above 10.

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillE View Post
    Sooo, I'm guessing the breather on the JKU 6 speed manual trans, is in the front.....
    On the top of the trans in front of the shifter. Found it when I changed my clutch last summer.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yesterday I took advantage of nice weather to try and make the wagoneer run better since itís been pressed into daily driver duty. First issue I wanted to tackle was fuel related. The coffin shaped tank has no internal baffling so whenever I get to about half a tank and come to a stop, the engine would sputter and sometimes just die. The cause is the aftermarket sending unit I installed when I went through the entire tank. It seems the aftermarket sending units are made wrong and the fuel pickup tube is about 3Ēs too short. Doesnít matter where you get them (mine came from Orileys I believe), they all are made short. So I pulled it out and rummaged through my junk and found some 3/8 metal fuel line and a small piece of hose. I used a tubing cutter to lop off some metal and a couple of stainless hose clamps and ďTa-DaĒ! Instant extension.

I should have known that was too easy. As I was trying to drop it back in the tank the float popped off and,of coarse, falls into the tank. I wasted about an hour trying to fish it out but no joy. There is only about a 2 1/2Ē hole and the Jeep was not parked perfectly flat. I only saw the float pass by a couple times but nothing I could do to grab it and pull it up. I finally said screw it and Iíll deal with it another day. Hopefully I donít have to drop the tank.
    Next I moved on to trying to make the EFI work better. The Jeep isles ok but has poor response and drivability sucks. It was also running rich. So I broke out the instructions that came with the Hamilton FI kit (which I put in a 3ring binder) and started reading. I had thought I did a very through job installing the system but it turns out I missed something. Well, sorta missed as I found the answer in his detailed troubleshooting info. The running rich was the key. Turns out when I ran the vacuum line for the MAP sensor, I hooked it up to the wrong port. I read it as the closest/shortest run to manifold vacuum while keeping the MAP sensor higher than the port. Turns out, I should have run it to the throttle body itself where there is a port on the rear between the two fuel lines. So I changed that around, replaced some other vacuum lines and plugs that looked tired, and then took it for a spin.
    It definitely runs better,yea! Itís still no 6.0 LS motor but it now gets out of its own way and will climb the hills around here without having to floor it in first. And the CEL isnít lighting up anymore.Considering this sat in a field for ten+ years, is a 35 year old motor with 160k, Iím happy. Iíd bet if I could regear to something better than 272s it would be just fine.
    Today I will probably try and do some more fun stuff. Maybe get the stereo working again so I have tunes.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoFreeJeeper View Post
    On the top of the trans in front of the shifter. Found it when I changed my clutch last summer.

Thanks. Kind of figured that. Haven't had any problems since, and now if I park in front of my garage, I nose it in, so the front is uphill.

I seem to recall loosing some gear oil in Moab, on Steel Bender I think.

There's one drop that is particulary steep, and about as long as a JKU wheel base.

I know when I did it with the CJ7, I had to goose it at the bottom, to keep from going ass over tea kettle.

The JKU I was able to slowly crawl down it (with the assistance of gravity! lol)

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boodlebutt View Post
    @HillBillE love to see that Willy's better.
    Correction: I'd love to take for a test drive. Love them old rides.
    Unfortunately, sold it. Sold all my WILLYS stuff to fund the divorce lawyer.

Well not all, my evil sisters sold/gave away/ scrapped everything that was at my dads place.

The red 52 3A in the pic, actually ran when I bought it. It burned oil bad, so one winter my dad started tearing it down. Broke a couple head bolts, and it kind of went stagnant.

Unbeknownst to me, my meth head nephew started messing with it, and really screwed it up.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1995 to 1999

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillE View Post
    Unfortunately, sold it. Sold all my WILLYS stuff to fund the divorce lawyer.

Well not all, my evil sisters sold/gave away/ scrapped everything that was at my dads place.

The red 52 3A in the pic, actually ran when I bought it. It burned oil bad, so one winter my dad started tearing it down. Broke a couple head bolts, and it kind of went stagnant.

Unbeknownst to me, my meth head nephew started messing with it, and really screwed it up.
    So if ya still have it, sounds like it's time for an engine upgrade.
    I'm a big fan of the older models that have minimal electronics in them to go wrong... Like the computers that run/operate today's vehicles.
    i love my country , but scared to death of its government!

Back in the Jeep life! no more small cars here!

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2006

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back! Bought a 2007 GC CRD and love it.... until I get P2099 and find out a O-ring got sucked into the turbo, FML. Oh and find out the PO snapped a glow plug off in the block and then tried to drill it out So am going to have to swap the turbo and the left head and then it will be back on the road!
    Liberals are like Slinkies, They are pretty much worthless, but always bring a smile when you push them down the stairs!
    Your about as useful as a shit stain on the adult diaper of life
    "malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium"
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    /l ,[____],
    l---L []llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)