User Tag List

Page 484 of 484 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484
Results 4,831 to 4,838 of 4838

Thread: What did you do to your Jeep today?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoFreeJeeper View Post
    I finally had time to organize my Jeep stowage. Hey @jeepdreamer, remember the last time we wheeled and all I had was my recovery equipment?

Haha... yup. And I remember you using that boulder like a Sit-N-Spin.
    Reorganization looks good. Are the ammo cans held in by anything?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdreamer View Post
    Haha... yup. And I remember you using that boulder like a Sit-N-Spin.
    Reorganization looks good. Are the ammo cans held in by anything?
    Just gravity for now.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoFreeJeeper View Post
    Just gravity for now.
    find/make some ammo can holders?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So I sold the Wagoneer a couple weeks ago. Guy didnít want the fuel injection so I busted my ass removing it all and making it run with a carb, well enough to get on the truck to take it to Phoenix.
    The plus side is I was able to swap all the FI stuff over to my scrambler. I actually got it running enough to drive around the yard.
    I still need to reconstruct the exhaust to include a bung for the O2 sensor. I also need to install a diode as the alternator is back feeding the system and not letting it shut off when you turn off the key.
    Went out yesterday to mess with it a little and it wouldnít start. Pump primes and it fired for a moment. Then crank-crank-crank. Then only a click.

Guessing I either burned out the starter or the solenoid. Weather is coming in so Iím not messing with it today.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Spent a few minutes yesterday trying to blow off some frustration by tinkering on the scrambler. Probably counterproductive as jeeps like to add to frustration but it gave me an excuse to get out of the house.
    So I found something interesting as I looked over the Jeep trying to decide what the starter issue is. I donít think Iíve ever seen a solenoid do this before.

(Sorry, youíll have to make the pic bigger.)

I canít say I have any idea what caused this exactly.
    Last time I messed with the Jeep I turned the key, let the pump prime, and it started. Ran (roughly) for about 10 seconds and stalled. Did the key turn/prime/start game about 10-15 times and it would not start again. Finally it stopped even making a noise of effort beyond the pump priming. Iím guessing that is when the solenoid stud melted off.
    So what could cause that much electricity/heat to feed into the solenoid to do this? No idea.
    Today I will probably go mess with it some more but I donít have any idea what to do. Will see if I have a spare solenoid. May see if I can test the starter itself to make sure it isnít seized.
    One thing I did notice is I had forgotten to disconnect the original Jeep brain box (ford style ignition control). I am now wondering if that played any part in this electrical shenanigans or not. I donít see how it could but it is two sets of wires that dealt with ignition/timing/starting.....maybe THAT is what was causing the feedback? I have no idea.
    The other thing I need to do is install the back window in the half cab. Poor Jeep is filling with dust from the windstorms out here.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well... installing that window has been a lesson in frustration. I actually started this over a year ago when I got the new window gasket. Figured Iíd use RTV to ďglueĒ it to the window frame and then install that into the top. Several lessons learned.
    Even though it was fully cured, RTV didnít hold the rubber to the aluminum frame with much strength.
    Trying to put the window in with the top installed made for a very uncomfortable experience and the roll bar is in the way.
    Jeep fiberglass tops are very uneven in thickness. The hole for the window looks to have been cut out by a detoxing drunk with the shakes.
    Forcing it makes the rubber come off the aluminum.
    Once it comes off you either spend days (literally) trying to clean off the old RTV or just get a new gasket and start over. You still get to spend a day cleaning the RTV off the aluminum window frame.
    Thatís about where I am now.
    I did find some adhesive that is designed to stick rubber to metal. This time Iím trying to ďglueĒ the gasket into the top first. Then I will try and put the window into that. Iím pretty sure that wonít work either but Iíll try. Only positive thing about this experience so far is that it isnít simply a piece of glass. We do windshields fairly often at work (LMTV, PLS, etc) and itís common for the glass to break trying to install it. This being built with an aluminum frame keeps that from happening. I can get it installed. Itís been pretty windy here which means all sorts of dust/sand are blowing into the Jeep. Yeah, itís a Jeep. No carpet etc. but I still try and keep it clean inside. Nothing worse than driving along and having dirt blowing around the cab and into your eye.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2013 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Lee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This week (I know to specifically today) I put that trump money to use! My Jeep has been stock since I got it due to my transition from the Army, but finally had the time and money. I slapped 33s on some pro comp steels, and ran a magnaflow rock crawler cat back so I can get rid of that dangerous rock trap of a JK muffler! Next on the list, I’m running a diy snorkel out of my cowl. I’m meh on snorkels but the cold air would be good for my jk and water here in VA does get pretty deep! Also saving up for an AEV dual sport 2.5” suspension lift!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought another Jeep! 2000 TJ with 5speed. All stock, with a plow.

Most likely leave this one stock, as it'll have a plow on it 6 months of the year.

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"