User Tag List

Thread: Need new shocks....any suggestions?

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1985 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need new shocks....any suggestions?

To all my fellow MJ,
    I need some advice on getting new shocks for the 2006 Wrangler. I am currently running 31 10.50 15's on it and no lift. I really don't think I'm going to lift it since I'm happy with the way it looks and handles. Maybe its because I'm getting older and like things somewhat stock.
    Any suggestions on a good set of shocks? I would like to keep it around $200 price range. I was looking at Rancho's and they seem to be a decent product and in my price range.
    Old Man Emu and Bilsteins are out of my budget and it would be hard to justify the cost to the wife even though I could.
    So any good suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    V/r
    BigEasy

Mountain Valley Customs

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you said about the Bilsteins and Old Man Emu price-wise, but (in my opinion) you will not be disappointed with either of those choices at all. I have run Rancho shocks and they will work fine for a while, but given time, they will start to fade and not feel as nice. I have run Bilsteins personally and I have put them on a number of customer's vehicles. I have never had someone come back and complain about either Old Man Emus or Bilsteins.
    Mountain Valley Customs www.mvcustoms.com 570.217.7284
    Specializing in 4x4s and custom fabrication