Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wheelin' in Georgia snow

We actually got some of the white stuff today. Its not sticking much, as to be expected, but its still fun to play in.
    No one knows how to drive in the snow down here (I'm from Maine) and I already can hear multiple sirens going up and down the road near my house. Poor sods must be in the ditch already.

Here are some pics and a video on the way. I hope it comes down heavier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GarryOwen!
    CJ7, 258, Dana 20 T-case, Dana 30 & AMC 20, TFI Ignition upgrade, headers, MC 2100 carb, YJ tub mod w/Family Style roll bar...

From Bell Co., KY stationed at Ft. Benning

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Benning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got it down here in SE Bama too. Its crazy two days ago we had tornados and NOW SNOW. My kids said snow and I thought they meant on a cartoon or something. Had to go look out the window. Wonder who pissed off Mother Nature. You're right about not knowing how to drive. They shut down churches etc. and it isnt even sticking here. Then again, someone from the North would be the first one stuck in red clay in the summer. Have fun and nice pics.
    Last edited by MYOTHERTANKISAJEEP; 03-01-2009 at 12:26.
    "Neither current events nor history show that the majority rule, or ever did rule." CSA President Jefferson Davis

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pics. Looks like fun.
    IF YOU ARE NOT LIVING FOR SOMETHING, THEN YOU ARE DYING FOR NOTHING!!!!!
    www.hrja.org
    www.oathkeepers.org
    www.ufwda.org
    NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH
    Consensus National Champions: '24, '29, '30, '43, '46, '47, '49, '66, '73, '77, '88
    Shared National Championships: '19, '20, '27, '38, '53, '64, '67, '70, '89, '93

Fix it until it's broke CrazyHorse6's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. You are exactly right about the clay - a few years ago it was raining and I was stuck at the bottom of a grass/red clay hill in my 4x4 tacoma. I could only make it up the hill about 20 feet and then unfortunatley slid back down all the way. Had to get a backhoe to pull me out as a chevy z71 and a Bronco had both already failed, but the funny part was that the backhoe got stuck too. He had to use his bucket in the front, extend it and jam it into the ground, and then with a chain from the back of the backhoe hooked to the front of my truck, he pulled both of us up. It took about 20 extensions and pulls with the length of his front arm and bucket, but we eventually got out. I wish I had pics of that one.
    GarryOwen!
    CJ7, 258, Dana 20 T-case, Dana 30 & AMC 20, TFI Ignition upgrade, headers, MC 2100 carb, YJ tub mod w/Family Style roll bar...

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAGGUMIT!!! figures it would snow for the first time in years when im a week away from getting home. AHHHH!!! haha this sucks.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool pics, where is the video at bro. I didn't realize they get snow there.

By the way what is wrapped around your front bull bar?

Fix it until it's broke CrazyHorse6's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lost the link for the video - nothing special, just driving down the road. I'll try to find it though. Wrapped around the bull bar is a old 12mm climbing rope now serving as a tow rope. I had to retire it after a several years of climbing so I figured it would work well as a tow rope - its pulled two cars out of ditches and three leaning trees back away from my house while I cut them down. When I'm pulling something really heavy duty I double up the lengths and its really quite strong!
    GarryOwen!