Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Riddler Diff Covers & Rokmen Steering Skid

I've been smelling gear oil lately when I get home from work and noticed slight leaks / saturation on both diff covers I changed the fluid a while back and I guess I did something wrong. Anyway, since I need to do it all over again, I decided now would be the perfect time to add a little armor. I've had my eye on these products for quite some time. Hopefully the juice is worth the squeeze!

http://www.rokmen.com/products/diffe...ff_covers.html

http://www.rokmen.com/products/tj_lj..._box_skid.html
    "People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf" - George Orwell

"There Is No Hunting Like The Hunting Of Man, And Those Who Have Hunted Armed Men Long Enough And Liked It, Never Care For Anything Else Thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

2005 TJ Sport > > > OME 2.5" Suspension Lift, JKS Front & Rear Adjustable Track Bars, JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What'd you use to seal up the diff cover? Congrats on the parts

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Order a set of lube lockers instead using rtv and make sure to torque to the correct specs and correct order.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1984 to 2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if you'd be interested in these, http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...2123a656f20e67
    seems a little less expensive, with the same strength.
    Later, T.J.

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    What'd you use to seal up the diff cover? Congrats on the parts
    I used permatex...but I can't recall if I used black or ultra black?! Pretty sure I went with the majority consensus on JF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffb_79 View Post
    Order a set of lube lockers instead using rtv and make sure to torque to the correct specs and correct order.
    I was actually planning on purchasing some lube lockers, but the gentleman I spoke with from Rokmen persuaded me to stick with RTV. He recommended "the right stuff" or "ultra black." He said for the price, my money would be better spent on something else. I remember considering them when I was doing the original fluid change but read about them on JF and ended up going with RTV.

I believe my main problem was not torqing the bolts to spec. Was not aware of a specific order though...makes sense. Elighten me!
    "People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf" - George Orwell

"There Is No Hunting Like The Hunting Of Man, And Those Who Have Hunted Armed Men Long Enough And Liked It, Never Care For Anything Else Thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

2005 TJ Sport > > > OME 2.5" Suspension Lift, JKS Front & Rear Adjustable Track Bars, JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    yes, but their d44 covers are out of stock and they won't back order!

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double check because I just got my D44 cover from them when they were $65. I got mine in about 3 weeks
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to Present

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just installed the riddlers and TT from them, couldnt be happier. that stuffs extremely beefy
    05 Unlimited, RE 4.5, 4.5 springs, adjustable front and rear track bar, 33x12.5 MT Baja Claw Radial, 15x8 MT Classic Locks, 4.88's, Tom Woods rear cv and sye kit superwinch, RRC front bumper, rear bumper with tire carrier, rocker guards, home made 1.5 seat risers

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ezjeep View Post
    I was actually planning on purchasing some lube lockers, but the gentleman I spoke with from Rokmen persuaded me to stick with RTV. He recommended "the right stuff" or "ultra black." He said for the price, my money would be better spent on something else. I remember considering them when I was doing the original fluid change but read about them on JF and ended up going with RTV.
    I've had them on both my axles for about 15k miles now, no notice of a leak yet. I haven't pulled the covers at all since then though, so I don't know how well they hold up after a few uses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast