1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default JK rockrails/sliders

im putting this in here. i figured i might get a better response in here. i have a 07 JK. im wanting to build my own rails like most of the TJ's have. the type that is like a big piece of angle that site right against the body an the sides and bottom. i have noticed tho that the are none that are offered from the vendors on here or anywhere else. reason for that? anyone? is it because the voids between the panels do allow them to be bolted up like the TJ's? i have actually already started to build these. i have the side panels cut to size and started to do the fine tuning on them. i guess im curious if i have been wasting my time with this or if you guys think i should continue on?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what type of slider you're looking to make...is it like the Poison Spyder rock rails for the JK? If so, those look real nice.
    A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was able to find what theirs look like. if ya go to like 4wd or quadratec and look at their rails for the tj and some cj. they run up the side of the body like for or 5 inches and then turn and go under the body usually 5 or 6 inches and tie into the body mounts and frame rail.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey did the guys that are doing all your work there in FL do your rails?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, my rails are from TeraFlex. The guy doing all the work on the Jeep though can make bumpers, rails, cages, etc...very talented.
    A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i found the sliders by poison spyder you were talkin about. yes that is what im building. i like the look of those. found them on ebay. they are at $150 now with a day and a half left. man if i could i would just go ahead and buy those now.

man i hate being laid-off.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1981 to 1989

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are quite a few companies building that type of rocker protection for the JK's. They are pretty expensive. Building them is not as easy as it was on the TJ's. The sides of the JK's are curved, not straight. On my TJ i had 3/16 steel bent, and made them out of that... Not an option with a JK.