Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default XJ Front fender ideas what u got

I am going to pick up another set of front fenders for my XJ, they are all rusty where the flare used to be. I want to get creative with them. They are going to be cut for sure but I was thinking of adding some sort of storage compartment to them and maybe some sort mirror integrated for going doorless. Has anyone seen this done before? If so how about a link or a picture.

I am also open to any other ideas you may have. Pictures would be nice too.

To give you an idea of what I am working with:

88 2 door XJ

4.5" Lift in the mail, should be here any day I hope

31x10.5R15's - should have plenty of room in the fenderwell.

Let me see what you have done, other than just trimming to fit bigger tires and why you did it.

Thanks in advance

-Eric-

Administrator/Jarhead Jeeper USMCHarleyJeepGuy's Avatar
    From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli...(Quantico, VA)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1987 to Present

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you have some pretty neat ideas...why don't you sketch them out a bit and see if they don't trigger some more ideas in some of the lads.
    Marines...shoot me a PM if you have not received an invitation to the Jarhead Jeepers social group on this site and would like to be a member.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes un-delegated powers its acts are un-authoritative void and of no force"
    ~~Thomas Jefferson

Blessed are they who, in the face of death, think first only about the front sight tip.

Celer-Silens-Mortalis

2003 TJ Rubicon
    1954 CJ-3B

XJCowboy

if you have 31's on a 4.5" lift I wouldnt trim to much metal or it will start looking akward. One thing I want to do for a snorkle is to run a flex tube behind the fender and feed it up at the A pillar.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I am not too worried about looks. Like I said the fenders that I am going to be doing this to are already rusted through where the flares mount. I have a pretty good idea of how I am going to do this now, however I won't have my lift and tires installed until this weekend. After the lift and tires are installed I will do some flexing and measuring to see where the tires are in relation to the inner fenderwell, after I have some good measurements I am going to town on building integrated storage into the front fenders.