2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Co2 setup's

Im lookin for the cheapest place to get a co2 setup?
    1981 CJ7- 4in lift on 33's, Twin sticked dana300, aussied D30, Custom bumpers,Herced inside. Riddler covers.

RIPTrail-87yj 35MTR

76 cj- Team MJ Buggy

07 F150 "Tow Whore"- 2.5in auto spring, 33's, Full flomaster exhaust, K&N intake, Edge Programer

Sapper

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you want to use it for?

Just tires or to also run air tools and reseat tire beads?

For just tires a simple, cheap, fixed regulator setup will get it done.

If you want to do it all then you need an adjustable regulator - more expensive. Also what size tank do you want, 10/15/20 pound?

You can build your own setup by getting a bottle online from a soft drink place and then getting an inexpensive fixed regulator.

For ready to go inexpensive fixed and adjustable setups go to Ultimate Air here: http://www.ultimate-air.com/

For top of the line systems with really high quality adjustable regulators go here: http://www.powertank.com/

I looked at OBA systems for a long time before I got mine so I know alot about them.
    Last edited by JeepinSoldier; 03-10-2009 at 18:38.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea im mainly wanting to air up tires but if need be i want to be able to pop beads and run a impact any soft drink places u recommend
    1981 CJ7- 4in lift on 33's, Twin sticked dana300, aussied D30, Custom bumpers,Herced inside. Riddler covers.

RIPTrail-87yj 35MTR

76 cj- Team MJ Buggy

07 F150 "Tow Whore"- 2.5in auto spring, 33's, Full flomaster exhaust, K&N intake, Edge Programer

Sapper

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alot of people who have built thier own systems with new tanks have bought them from here:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draft...anks/co2.shtml

You may be able to find a used tank on Ebay or somewhere - just make sure that its not past its certification date or you will have to have it tested and will lose any money you saved paying for a recert.

A good size tank for a Jeep is a 10 pound tank. If you have room for a 15, even better.

If you want to run tools and reseat as well as air up, I really suggest in investing in a good adjustable regulator, hoses and air chuck. You could get the tank cheap, then get the mount and regulator from PowerTank. If you are good at welding, you may even be able to make your own mounting bracket.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm, under dash fountain soda mods? lets see em.

Thanks for the info

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like you could buy the 10# bottle from the beverage place and then the regulator from ultimate air and be in it for about $160.00 shipped and another $15 for a hose and ir chuck. It looks cool and all but what is the fascination with Co2 does it air up tires faster? I doubt you could run an impact off of it for a whole set of tires.

I am not flaming here, I just reqally want to know what all the hype about Co2 is, alot of people run it.

Also with the whole beverage tank, could you just rent from a local beer place or soda pace and buy your own reg. Kind of like renting the argon tanks, might cost less.

Sorry about the rant, I am bored at work.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigskyxj View Post
    It looks like you could buy the 10# bottle from the beverage place and then the regulator from ultimate air and be in it for about $160.00 shipped and another $15 for a hose and ir chuck. It looks cool and all but what is the fascination with Co2 does it air up tires faster? I doubt you could run an impact off of it for a whole set of tires.

I am not flaming here, I just reqally want to know what all the hype about Co2 is, alot of people run it.

Also with the whole beverage tank, could you just rent from a local beer place or soda pace and buy your own reg. Kind of like renting the argon tanks, might cost less.

Sorry about the rant, I am bored at work.
    CO2 will fill up tires very fast. On the average, it will fill a 33x12.5 from 12 to 32 psi (20 psi increase) in 30 seconds. A full 10 pound tank will fill 20 33x12.5 tires with this same 20 psi increase. A 10 pound tank will run an impact wrench for a long time in short bursts. You use minimum CO2 to run the tool, and have plenty to fill tires. Of course tools like cutoff wheels use alot more CO2. My 10 pound tank usually lasts several trail rides airing tires with sporadic air tool use. A 15 pound tank would last even longer.

If there is more than one tank at a trail ride - one can be used for tools with another in reserve to air up at the end of the event. Good thing about CO2 tanks are that even with the regulator, they are very simple and reliable with few parts compared to an electric or engine driven compressor. Drawback is the fixed amount of gas. Rule of thumb: If its your tank always fill your own tires first.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea thanks top i was leanin towards the 15# but it seems like ur 10lb works just fine and it takes up less space so im ordering time now lol.

RIPTrail-87yj 35MTR

76 cj- Team MJ Buggy

Sapper

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rescueyj View Post
    Yea thanks top i was leanin towards the 15# but it seems like ur 10lb works just fine and it takes up less space so im ordering time now lol.
    No problem! Allways glad to help as I spent a long time researching my OBA system and comparing price, capability, and pro's - cons. The CO2 setups initial price and simplicity made it my choice for what I actually use it for.

What I left out of my earlier post because I do actually work at work ,:

CO 2 can run air tools for a long time or fill alot of tires from a relatively small tank is because once CO 2 is compressed to fill the bottle, it turns into a liquid. Much more volume of liquid can be filled into the bottle than air. The liquid reverts to a gas at the base of the regulator. The same size tank filled with air would only fill a few tires.

Another benefit to the CO 2 air system is that say you are on a tight trail and a Jeep without OBA several vehicles ahead of you needs an air tool or tire bead reseat. If you cannot drive up to it - your OBA is not hard installed into your Jeep. You can carry it to where the work is.

Somthing to be aware of: The CO 2 tank can be stored or mounted flat (Horizontally) in the Jeep, but must never be used that way. If liquid CO 2 enters the regulator - it will destroy it!

Simply set the bottle upright or mount it at a minimum angle from vertical and you will be OK for use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast