Served
    Served
    2004 to 2008

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The army's house a-hole not mine
    Last edited by 02tj; 03-21-2008 at 20:17.
    2012 kawasaki Teryx4

Sold-85 CJ7, 6 inch lift, siting on 36's, welded rear, lots of drain holes

Sold-93 YJ, 4.0,

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to cry dude...jeez.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1978 to 1984

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    I like the idea. How did you rig it to pressurize your assets? I would be really interested in doing this if it was cost effective and around a level 3 on a difficulty scale of 1 to 5...
    It was pretty easy since axles & transfer case already had vents in place to hook the hoses up to.

The transmission was a little trickier...
    I had to use the CV joint boot from a ATV to seal up the shifter on the transmission, and drill/tap a port for a vent hose nipple.

The distributor cap was the most simple of all since I have the 'TeamRush' ignition upgrade with the large Ford style distributor cap, I simply pulled the distributor cap vent off, and screwed a MIG welder tip directly into the distributor cap and that made a really good nipple...
    I use an inline air dryer to the air feeding the distributor, that keeps things from sputtering and coughing when it's humid, they are about $3 each and last a full season for me.

I use a regulator connected to my storage tank/distribution block that keeps the pressure to about 10 PSIG going out to the distributor & running gear.
    Since I usually air down, and I use the regulator to air my tires down, it's already set at around 10 PSIG, so it's no big deal...

I see guys change seals every year and raise vents way up trying to keep the water out...
    The next logical step for me was to just apply pressure to them to keep water out.

Now I have the distributor/drive train on a electric over air solenoid, so when I flip the 'Deep Water Switch' on the dash, it turns off my electric fan and turns on the air to the stuff that will be under water so I don't have to get out and manually plug in/turn everything on anymore... Makes things handy when I remember to turn it on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12