Retired
    Served
    1989 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I love my jeep

I sank MY JEEP in a Deep creek, it was an innocent looking run, then I got stuck in Deep Mud Under Hood High Water; It was a few inches from sucking water into the carb…

It was a little disconcerting, watching water come in through the floorboard, under the doors and everywhere else that wasn’t sealed. It wouldn’t rev above 1500 and was dying out so I shut er down

Then,

My buddy (06 Ruby) took a different rout and winched me out (my winch was completely submerged and unusable).

Here is where the obsession gets worse,

My 88 YJ fired right back up (after being pulled out) and I wheeled for a few more hours, going everywhere (usually leading) that my buddies 06 Rubicon went.

Of course,

I plan on changing all the fluids after sinking nearly to the carb JIC

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do realize that this is all a figment of your imagination without pictures.....especially the part of you keeping up with the Rubi...

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Fix it until it's broke CrazyHorse6's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fifthpro View Post
    you do realize that this is all a figment of your imagination without pictures.....especially the part of you keeping up with the Rubi...
    agreed. Need pics.
    GarryOwen!
    CJ7, 258, Dana 20 T-case, Dana 30 & AMC 20, TFI Ignition upgrade, headers, MC 2100 carb, YJ tub mod w/Family Style roll bar...

F it! It ain't my Jeep. Ricky Booby's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics or it didn't happen
    www.pnwjeep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1989 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USMC pics soon

I will post pics as soon as I get a new phone. I killed my phone and my ipod when they were submerged. Lesson learned from this trip, zip-lock bags are your friend. A friend took some pics with his phone; I just have nowhere to have em sent to.

As to keeping up with the Rubicon, half of wheeling is your rig and the other half is what are you willing to do with it. Don’t get me wrong, the Rubicon is an awesome vehicle (I wish I could afford one) and in a head to head battle the rubi would dust me, but the nice thing about wheeling a beater is, even if I total it I’m only out about 5K so I am willing to push it to the limit (and in the case of sinking it, beyond).

The most important thing though, having FUN with whatever you got!