Serving
    Served
    1995 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1976 CJ5 wirning request

The following attachment is exactly what I have for my 1976 CJ5. The bottom diagram. I got rid of the original wiring. I did keep the ignition module. I need to know how to wire the Jeep. I am just putting headlights on it and break lights/running lights. Can someone show me how to place the battery,start push button,kill switch, and alternator into this wiring diagram. Thank you. GO PENS!!!

NOTE: You might have to open the attachment with another program to be able to read it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1980 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a link to earlycj5.com.
    http://earlycj5.com/tech/wiring/pdf/CJ_With_F134.pdf
    The wiring diagram is for an early F head CJ5. It is very simple and should answer the needs stated above.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]If you don't already have one, use a GM internally regulated alternator such as the 10SI. They are a dime a dozen and are simple to install. I believe Jeep switched to them in 76, however you never know what folks are running.
    http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/Alte...onversions.htm
    The third diagram on the bottom of the page shows how to wire it. The #2 wire can simply be jumped to the battery post on the back of the alternator. The system requires the exciter wire (1) coming from the ignition to have a resistor. this is accomplished by using the existing dash light wire. You will need to use the existing alternator light and socket, as these do not ground the same as a typical light. A kill switch will need to be installed on the power wire going to the ignition module. You can install a starter button by wiring it from a power source to the S terminal of the solenoid.
    The small module on the starter in the V6 diagram is a solenoid. Set up your battery, power feed, and alternator to one side of your existing unit on the fenderwell. The opposite stud goes to your starter with the S post described above. Be sure to install a basic fuse block. You can scrounge one from a junk yard or find one new at boat shops, NAPA, etc...
    gotta go, hope this helps,
    Scott