Retired
    Served
    1985 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2004 Liberty Renegade

Had the front wheel alignment done on the wife's liberty last week. We went out the other night in it and I was hearing a noise coming from the front end on the right side. I couldn't really figure out what kind of sound it was but i know its not normal. I got underneath to take a look and didn't see anything broken or torn (CV Boots). I did look at the axles and I noticed when I put my hand on it I was able to move it up and down quite a bit. The other side was tight so I'm thinking something is wrong with the right side axle.
    I called my local dealership to find out what it might be and I was told to bring it in, which I'm doing today. I found out that it is still covered under warranty even though my bumper to bumper coverage is gone. Its covered under the 7yr/70000 mile warranty with a $100 deductible on the drive train. That's always nice to hear something like that.
    I was just wondering if anyone owning a Liberty 4x4 has had any problems with there front end?
    Once I find out what it is I'll be back with an update.
    R/
    bigeasy

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an '04 Liberty Sport with about 50k miles on it (all but 300 of which it has been lifted) and wheeled extensively in the Rockies with no issues.
    Pete
    2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 with some stuff
    2008 Buell Blast
    OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
    www.lostkjs.com

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may want to give www.lostkjs.com a try to see if anybody has had that problem before. Plenty of experience over there and I've always been able to get an answer to any problem I have had through the community there.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Spangdahlem AB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ball joints on the libbies was a recall. Doesn't sound like your problem but that is the only issue that I had with mine.