Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 99 wj suspension lift, bumper, winch, etc

so after about a year of owning my 99 wj, ive decided its time to invest in a lift along with a few other goodies. im looking at going with a 6" long arm suspension lift from kevinsoffroad.com but was curious to hear anyone elses recommendations and personal experience with this company and lifts on these vehicles. im having 0k4wd in stewartsville, NJ install it, im not doing it myself. also im open to any suggestions for an in-bumper winch, icelandoffroad.com just came out with their new "go berserk" pre runner bumper which i plan to run, but idk which winch is best. lastly does anyone know where to find a decend low profile rear bumper for a wj??? cant seem to find one anywhere...thanks to all and cant wait to get on the trail with everything next month!!!

Machete wielding woodsman 94GC52's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with a protofab bumper, Kevins Off road sells em.
    Got Machete?

98 GC Special Edition 5.9l (build in progress) RE 4.5" SF Lift, Mickey Thompson 33" MTZ's, 15x10 ProComp 152's, ProtoFab Pre-Runner Winch Bumper, 10k winch, Np242 Tcase Swap...

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Andrews AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out Iron Rock Offroad. A friend of mine just sent me a link to them. There designs look awesome and they are priced reasonable. They make a 7" Long Arm for a ZJ that allows 37's I dig it. But they do xj-zj-and WJ. Here's a link to the WJ lifts:
    http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW

There ZJ kit flexing out. 7" on 37's

Last edited by highlandercj-7; 04-06-2009 at 11:49.
    HighlanderCJ-7

If you don't stand behind our troops,
    Feel free to stand in front of them!

...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely gonna look into the 6.5 long arm kit from iron rock offroad, it looks awesome. did your buddy decide to go with that lift and if so how well does it behave on the road and the highway?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Huachuca
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should check out http://www.jeepforum.com and search for Iron Rock Off Road, and also Kevin's. If you plan on going 6.5 right from the start why not get Clayton's while you are at it, http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id=176

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the IRO 6.5 CPL kit, rides great, love it, oh and its bolt on so you can do it yourself.

good luck on a rear bumper other then kennesaw mountian, they have the market cornered at the moment.

i would not use the iceland offroad bumper its fiberglass, go with the arb i have bashed it off trees and honda's and still there. the warn m8000 will fit.
    -Jeb

99 GC Ltd. V8. plenty of goodies, 6in lift 33s, rear locker, 12v cooler, steel bumpers fr+rr, Roof Top Tent,
    01 TJ 4.0 auto.. stock street queen for now.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for pointing out the kennesaw mountain bumper, never saw em before until now! and now im intrigued by the iron rock and clayton long arm kits...decisions decisions! and whats this about the Iceland offroad bumper being fiberglass??? which front differential is used in these too and what is the biggest one that will fit in the front? i would like to run air lockers all around if possible...any ideas?

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1988 to 1994

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only 2x the (check out Jeep Forum.com ) statement.
    Great place to do some researcher before you spend. Go to the ZJ/WJ Technical section and you wont be disappointed. If I had done that my self Before I lifted, I would have made some different choices. You may have some drive shaft length issues with the 6.5".
    98 ZJ 5.9, 242.
    I fix the things that make the things that make things happen