User Tag List

Thread: MVC gets my Jeep ready for Camp MJ!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MVC gets my Jeep ready for Camp MJ!

I spent yesterday afternoon at Mountian Vally customs.

Rob and Damian did an awesome job getting my modded Spyder Customs rockers installed. Damian welded new guards on my front LCA mounts and then tore apart all my wheels/tires - got them to stop leaking air and expertly rebalanced them. Finally Rob cut me a screaming deal on somthing that I have wanted for a long time: A Mean Green alternator to finish my heavy duty electrical system.

Kinda rainy today so here are a few teaser pix of the passenger rocker. Driver looks the same without the relief cut in the top front for the snorkle. Alternator looks like an alternator with a Mean Green sticker on it.

05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lookin' god Alex. Can't go wrong with the boys at MVC.

Machete wielding woodsman 94GC52's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Ourisman Dodge can get The Beast done. They are having issues with my drive shafts. Might be upgrading...
    Got Machete?

98 GC Special Edition 5.9l (build in progress) RE 4.5" SF Lift, Mickey Thompson 33" MTZ's, 15x10 ProComp 152's, ProtoFab Pre-Runner Winch Bumper, 10k winch, Np242 Tcase Swap...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good alex
    Stickers

Mountain Valley Customs

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always glad to see you Alex! Your rockers were a PITA but they were well worth it!
    Mountain Valley Customs www.mvcustoms.com 570.217.7284
    Specializing in 4x4s and custom fabrication

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1989 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That rig clearly needs some rocky mountain pin striping...

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeep looks real good. Nice work by MVC.
    IF YOU ARE NOT LIVING FOR SOMETHING, THEN YOU ARE DYING FOR NOTHING!!!!!
    www.hrja.org
    www.oathkeepers.org
    www.ufwda.org
    NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH
    Consensus National Champions: '24, '29, '30, '43, '46, '47, '49, '66, '73, '77, '88
    Shared National Championships: '19, '20, '27, '38, '53, '64, '67, '70, '89, '93

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4ink View Post
    Always glad to see you Alex! Your rockers were a PITA but they were well worth it!
    Likewise! Its great to hang out in a good shop for an afternoon. The axles and tube fenders you were building were awesome! Cant wait to get the money saved for my cage.

To all:

Those rockers are alot harder to install then they look. Strange design by Spyder Customs that has you putting the stock body bushings on top between the rocker and tyhe body and then cutting the body lift pucks to fit. Then when you do it the way they say to in the instructions, the rockers dont align with the cutouts in the corners and sit way below the doors.

I took one look at all that mess and ran to MVC! They did a great job getting it all figured out.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USMCKING View Post
    That rig clearly needs some rocky mountain pin striping...
    LOL!! Actually I wheel it like I stole it. Pix for proof are here: http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...rs+junk&page=2

It has had alot of trees dragged across it at Crozet and Oak Ridge V.A. Two deep scratches across the hood and others down the passenger side. The hardtop is only on for the winter and I usually take the side windows off the soft top to prevent damage on the trail.

I wheel the Jeep hard on the trail but have evrey spare cent tied up in it and its my daily driver so I like to keep it looking good.

Just spent an entire weekend with a clay bar, Meguires bright silver scratch remover, Meguires professional show car glaze, and then Meguires professional hi tech wax cleaning up the paint. Also selected bright silver because it shows dirt and damage less.
    Last edited by JeepinSoldier; 04-11-2009 at 22:56.