1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Jeep Lives Again

Well a little history. Wheeling trip on the 28th. Wheeled all day pretty easy (or so I thought but I'll tell about htta later) well last trail was me and another XJ we ran trail 18 at Flat Nasty (one of there harder trails) All went well until my Dumbass light came on and I PLOWED through a water hole pretty fast and the jeep stalled. OK no biggy I figured it was flooded and when it dried up it would start. Well I did some WD 40 in the distributer and nothing. Trailered home and unloaded and tried again, still nothing. Got a spray bottle of gas and sprayed the intake fired up, stopped spraying and it dies, no fuel. Checked fuses checked wires check about everything nothing.

Well today I go over and decide to mess with it. First I clean all the vacume lines with brake cleaner, clean a bunch of electrical connections, removed the intake and cleaned. Still nothing. Well a buddy of Larry's came over for us to do some welding on his trailer. Well he is a mechanic so I talk him into looking at it. Well he doubles everything I checked and found no power to the fuel pump. Disconnected and reconnected the wires and had power. Still nothing. We work it a while and he say ok its a bad fuel pump and I concur. Well while we are looking at it to se how the fuel pump comes out I see a wire not connected to anything. Well we trace it and find the other end of the wire run a jumper and test it. We have fuel pressure. Make an attempt I turn the key and it fired!!!! So while I worked his trialer with Larry he soldered and shrink wrapped the new wire and I drove it down the road for a needed bath. She is good as new. Tomorrow I will go pick it up and put some air in the tires and will drive it for the nex week while the didge is getting fixed.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

NAS North Island
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job troubleshooting! Glad to hear its up and running!
    '02 Wrangler TJ
    '04 Rubi
    '88 Wrangler YJ
    '94 Grand Cherokee ZJ RIP FEB 25 2006
    '47 CJ2A

Color Blind Trail Guide TJ 4 the Boxers's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice especially when it's a "minor" fix.
    '01 TJ 4 Banger--2" BB w/OME, 1.25 BL, 1" MML, 33" Trxxus, Disco's and Skids.

www.njjeep.org

If it's not a BOXER , it's just a DOG!

Rob