2003 to 2007

Closest Installation

NAS Lemoore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 99 WJ , Money Pit

went wheeling yesterday at the new place in troy, missouri , and was in 4 low , going over a little hump , and had to goose it to get over it , when i did i heard a metal squeek , then a pop.

on the drive home , I had a front end vibration and it sounded like a jet engine , so I thought it was my axle on the drivers side , or my hub assembly.

pulled it on the rack today at work to check it out , and this is what i found , my front shaft has cv's at the TC , and at the front axle..... thank god for rusty's staying open a lil late , I told him what happened , and he had a fix for me ..
    http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=SYE

convert the front shaft to regular u-joints and new drive shaft for 380.00 plus shipping.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1965 to 1991

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is another link to a place that does drive shafts. I just spent $572 for a new OEM shaft for mine. I did not have time to wait to order one.

http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html
    I'm Mike, make sure you spell it right, because I do not want to get the wrong A$$hole in trouble.

If you do not have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time do do it over?

www.jeepforum.com michiganmaveric