Army
    Status
    Vendor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Things, need some input from YOU

Sorry for the cross post but really looking for more input as this is a brand new item. We'll work up some sort of giveaway deal shortly soon as it gets approval. THX!http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...ed=1#post74543

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it, the only change I would make would be to replace a little bit of the material in the center with some heavy duty mesh like the desert racers side windows. My reasoning is so that if used as a rear bulkhead you could still see out of your rear view mirror and the netting would most likely make good tie downs as well. There are plenty of molle hookups on it already and if you were to actually fill that hole thing up you would have spent a ton of money on molle bags and pouches. Thats my 2 cents. Now with that said when do I get to try one out for free and give a good honest experienced review? Just let me know so I can send you my mailing address.

Hardcore Net Guru Off Road Concepts's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Vendor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chucknes View Post
    can you show some XJ configurations?
    You know I was thinking there would be no reason why the tailgate one couldn't mount to it (watching speaker openings on some years) I could also certainly incorporate a hybrid into this existing design.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1995 to 2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking that after using it for a while, or getting wet, it would stretch and sag. I think an easy fix for this would be the use of rubber coated metal strips, similar to that used for pack frames.
    For over 221 years our Corps has done two things for this great Nation. We make Marines and we win battles.
    —Gen Charles C. Krulak, 31st CMC, 5 May 1997

Hardcore Net Guru Off Road Concepts's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Vendor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine_mike View Post
    I was thinking that after using it for a while, or getting wet, it would stretch and sag. I think an easy fix for this would be the use of rubber coated metal strips, similar to that used for pack frames.

I think that you may mean the strap that feeds through the MOLLE openings on the bag/pouch itself?
    The RMM mount of ours doesn't sag but if you mount it to the roll bar padding it will compress slightly after awhile, just pull the end strap off the cam buckle and it will pull up the slack.
    The MOLLE openings should not give under time or water exposure with the materials that we are using, but the tailgate production version will have 2 more upper grommets for a really heavy item as to not bow the top lip away from the tailgate. Bear in mind the weight being put onto the tailgate hinges total with oversize tires etc. I've seen a few tweak over the years.
    Great feedback, thanks!