User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who is the P.O.C. for this event?

I served...Now I Protect vwJarhead's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So who is the P.O.C. for this event?

Is there a Camp MJ tent or anything to sign up at when we get to the park? I know to sign in with Lynn at the office but is there an area for us to check in? If not is there a general rally point for everyone to meet? I will be coming up Friday either afternoon or early evening and want to come in to the park and at least meet some people and maybe throw back some beers before I head to the Comfort Inn(and yes I have a designated driver). Just curious because that is how it has been done in the past with other events there. Thanks
    "You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
    Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06

1*
    RIP GySGT. Elia Fontecchio
    -America is not at war, The Marine Corps is at war. America is at the mall and Congress is out to lunch....

Rock crawling Infidel BucketOKarma's Avatar

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the camping is first come, first serve. I am hoping that we can snag the area between the port-o-johns and driveway on the right (as you enter). The park is not going to be empty on this weekend, so the earlier we can get people in position, the better.
    - Shane

2000 TJ 2.5L SE, 2" spacers and XJ springs up front, Crown-Vic springs in the rear, Edlebrock shocks, 33" Dayton M/Ts, JKS discos, SYE/CV shaft, Warn gastank skid, 4.88 gears ShrockWorks sliders, OX locker, Camo soundbar, and 04 Willys Edition front seats, still LOOKING FOR A MATCHING REAR SEAT.

HeavyMetalConcepts.com

CampMJ.com

SISOffroad.com

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to go. I hear there are 4 or 5 other clubs meeting up there this weekend also for a comp. So folks will have to be early to lay claim to an area. I will look for everyone when I get there. Here is my rig so we know who is who. Maybe everyone can do the same.
    SSPX0425.jpg
    Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06

1*
    -America is not at war, The Marine Corps is at war. America is at the mall and Congress is out to lunch....

Color Blind Trail Guide TJ 4 the Boxers's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BucketOKarma View Post
    I know the camping is first come, first serve. I am hoping that we can snag the area between the port-o-johns and driveway on the right (as you enter). The park is not going to be empty on this weekend, so the earlier we can get people in position, the better.
    Are you meaning the first section that is wooded or a bit near the curve further down that is more open space.

I PM'ed Lynn to find out what the earliest time frame would be to just set up. From the looks of the Camping thread there's going to be about 25/30 people. Not sure how many are sharing tents or sizes.

I'll be showing up in this with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TJ 4 the Boxers; 04-22-2009 at 10:13.
    '01 TJ 4 Banger--2" BB w/OME, 1.25 BL, 1" MML, 33" Trxxus, Disco's and Skids.

www.njjeep.org

If it's not a BOXER , it's just a DOG!

Rob

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1968 to 1988

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Jarhead,
    Our Comp was last weekend, 7 clubs from around the Mid-Atlantic participated. The 2 clubs I belong too placed 1st (BMJA) and 3rd (NJJC). However, there will most likely be a few clubs up on saturday for their monthly rides. NJJC will be out on sunday. The weather looks good for both days so a lot of people will show up.
    Bill Collins
    USAF Retired
    Knoxville Wranglers
    Military Jeepers.com
    '04 TJ,
    '04 Ford F-150 w/5.4 Triton, Tow Rig,
    '08 Parker 14' trailer.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    Hey Jarhead,
    Our Comp was last weekend, 7 clubs from around the Mid-Atlantic participated. The 2 clubs I belong too placed 1st (BMJA) and 3rd (NJJC). However, there will most likely be a few clubs up on saturday for their monthly rides. NJJC will be out on sunday. The weather looks good for both days so a lot of people will show up.
    Damn. I was close. Guess I got bad scoop. Congrats on the finishes though...
    Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06

1*

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vwJarhead View Post
    Damn. I was close. Guess I got bad scoop. Congrats on the finishes though...
    Not completely, Lynn said it's going to be busy-didn't state how many others are there though. Her biggest problem is when people just show up to camp without informing the office first.

I plan on being there around 1400, other half is workingthis weekend so I'll be leaving after her "lunch" break around 1000/1100.

Got word from Lynn, basically when you get there you get there. Just be sure to check in with the office to let them know what you're doing.

www.njjeep.org

Rob

Rock crawling Infidel BucketOKarma's Avatar

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 31C/Q4-Murphy View Post
    Are you meaning the first section that is wooded or a bit near the curve further down that is more open space.

I PM'ed Lynn to find out what the earliest time frame would be to just set up. From the looks of the Camping thread there's going to be about 25/30 people. Not sure how many are sharing tents or sizes.

I'll be showing up in this with this.
    I was thinking right by the entrance to the park, in the woodline, there is a decent amount of room there, and you aren't pitching your tent in the parking lot. If we need to expand from there, that shouldn't be a problem. I was just thinking that wooded area would be perfect so that right as soon as you enter the park, the first thing you see is Mil-Jeepers. That way nobody has to search us out, there are trees to hang the banner from, picnic tables, and some shade/cover (although not too much since the leaves are still just budding) from the elements (sun or rain), plus it's right by the port-a-johns, and that's always a plus.
    - Shane

2000 TJ 2.5L SE, 2" spacers and XJ springs up front, Crown-Vic springs in the rear, Edlebrock shocks, 33" Dayton M/Ts, JKS discos, SYE/CV shaft, Warn gastank skid, 4.88 gears ShrockWorks sliders, OX locker, Camo soundbar, and 04 Willys Edition front seats, still LOOKING FOR A MATCHING REAR SEAT.

HeavyMetalConcepts.com

CampMJ.com

SISOffroad.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good to me. I'll just let anyone know that we'd like to keep our group together, most wheelers will be nice in regards to a group.

www.njjeep.org

Rob

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Cannon AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there early, 1200-1300, Camping with the Kids, and the Orange ride is hard to miss in the sun.
    I am the Infidel.
    09 2DR Sunburst Orange
    33" Cooper STTs, 1.5" Spydertrax spacers, 3.5 inches of OME Lift, JKS Trackbar, Teraflex Discos, Airaid Intake, Gibson Split Exhaust, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Herculined Tub, Midland CB and Firestik, Daystar Hood Wranglers, custom vinyl from pixeldecals.com, more to come...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast