Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Might not be able...

.... to make it. Everything is going going wrong right now! things I ordered "rush delivery" over 2 weeks ago, still haven't arrived. Things that have arrived, have been the wrong size, wrong part, or have manufacturing defects of some kind!

I got a nice bestop spare tire carrier from a friend because he was upgrading to a bumper/tire carrier. It's made for TJ/YJ, but he installed it on his YJ a couple years back and threw away the TJ hardware. No problem, I called Bestop, and the lady was very pleasant while I ordered the TJ bracket and full mounting hardware kit, 3-day rush..... I was told they were going to arrive last thursday, the mounting hardware arrived on tuesday of this week with NO TJ BRACKET..... I called again yesterday, the TJ bracket was ordered but not shipped due to some error. I have everything and some doubles on the mounting hardware, but it does me absolutely no good since I can't mount the damn thing to my TJ!

I ordered upper and lower rear control arms, 3-day..... 2 weeks later, nothing! I call the company I ordered them from only to find out that they weren't expecting to be so low on the manufacturers back-order list.... So I upgraded to rubicon express adjustables (upper and lowers) for the rear, for only $30 added to my original bill. The man I was talking to was very sympathetic, and assured me they had everything ready to go. This was on friday of last week. I got the uppers, but no lowers yesterday (cutting it friggen close), and the tracking number and invoice says they all shipped and were delivered....

My ox finally came thanks to Chip over at OX-USA Great company, great product, great guy!.... While installing the newly geared HP D30 w/OX locker, I discovered a small problem... 2 out of the 10 bolt holes don't line up! Called Chip again at 21:45-EST get a voicemail.... He calls me back at 23:36-EST! Amazing! He says elongating the bolt holes will be fine, and will not void the warranty! The first good news ALL DAY! I do not have a single bad thing to say about any aspect of my dealings with OX-USA, great company!

Got the P.O.R.C. SYE installed tonight as well, smooth like silk! Amazing.... But my CV shaft is too short = NO GO! Now I need a rear CV driveshaft before noon tomorrow! WTF!

Since I put in a HP front in place of a low pinion front, my front driveshaft is now too long

My full size spare that cannot be mounted to the rear of my TJ because of the afore mentioned tire carrier issue, still has yet to be mounted to a rim even!

My V8 ZJ tie rod seems to have gone on without a hitch! (if you're counting that's three wins in a week of failures)

IF I can get all the things I need tomorrow, I still need to realign the steering, and put it all together to make it work!

I'm only halfway through my 500mi rear gears "break-in", and havent even started my front "break-in" period...... I'm supposed to go easy for 500mi with the new gears, then change out the gear oil, for those that don't know what I meant.

I'm trying to work out a new family care plan with my Ex-wife, and having some issues due to her not liking the thought of my new wife (married this past saturday) taking care of our son if we both get deployed or become incapable. The problem with this logic is that Kaidiyn (our son) has been living with me and Nica (new wife) for two years now. So that's a constant battle.

People that were supposed to show up for my "wrenching parties" blew me off on more then one occasion, otherwise half these problem would have been addressed earlier and would be well on their way to wellville!

Tonight sucks ROYALLY! Thanks to the events leading up to, and including tonight, I may not be able to make it to Camp MJ.
    - Shane

2000 TJ 2.5L SE, 2" spacers and XJ springs up front, Crown-Vic springs in the rear, Edlebrock shocks, 33" Dayton M/Ts, JKS discos, SYE/CV shaft, Warn gastank skid, 4.88 gears ShrockWorks sliders, OX locker, Camo soundbar, and 04 Willys Edition front seats, still LOOKING FOR A MATCHING REAR SEAT.

HeavyMetalConcepts.com

CampMJ.com

SISOffroad.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been in your shoes before bro, it makes the wheeling much more satisfying though when you finally do make it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by sincitycj View Post
    I got a wave from a compass once. That was sure confusing. I didn't know if I should wave or barf.

Be sure to check out the Germany Chapter Page:

http://www.militaryjeepers.com/chapter/germany/index.shtml

usnavymitchells

Bro...Like you said to me on another thread. Show up even if you have to drive a car there. Show up. You can always ride shot gun with someone.

You started this show you need to be there. I truly know your pain.
    Take a bus, cab, hitch hike, hook up with a couple of other New Englanders coming down but get there.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My front seats empty buddy.

Branch
    Other / None
    Status
    Other / None
    Served
    2008 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shane, all i gotta say is

Get the fawk down there!

My subarus got seats in it for the ride down, you just gotta listen to my music

for the driveshafts go to fleet pride, theres one in waterbury that offers driveline service, have them shorten the long one and lengthen the short one for you, see what theyd charge. not sure what youre lookin like money wise.

what is your arm situation? you can get by on stock arms, or stock lowers at least, its not a big deal to go down there that way.

the gear break in will not be an issue for you, its like 250 miles for you to RC, go easy on it, and youll break 500 miles going there. dont worry about the front. change your gear lube in both when you get to the park, and call it a day.

mount your spare on the stock carrier, all it needs is a spacer so it can clear the tailgate, see if you can work something out. oh and you can mount the rim yourself with some creative finagling. dish soap a crowbar of sorts and a hammer.
    Last edited by HeavyMetal; 04-23-2009 at 11:11.

I served...Now I Protect vwJarhead's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you gotta get your ass there!!! Didn't you set this thing up in thje first place as a Meet and Greet? My seats open as well!! ...and HeavyMetal is right about his advice too.
    "You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
    Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06

1*
    RIP GySGT. Elia Fontecchio
    -America is not at war, The Marine Corps is at war. America is at the mall and Congress is out to lunch....

usnavymitchells

This is what will happen if you're a no show!
    Shane's Punishment.PNG

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cannot miss this...it would be like falling out of your own run!

Planes, trains or automobiles....just make it and ride with someone else! Hell, I have some mechanical issues myself and I plan to just bring the spare parts and fix it in the parking lot.

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn fallin out of your own run would suck. NavyMitchells thanks for including me in on the MOONING. Makes me feel better when i show off my ass.
    1981 CJ7- 4in lift on 33's, Twin sticked dana300, aussied D30, Custom bumpers,Herced inside. Riddler covers.

RIPTrail-87yj 35MTR

76 cj- Team MJ Buggy

07 F150 "Tow Whore"- 2.5in auto spring, 33's, Full flomaster exhaust, K&N intake, Edge Programer

Sapper