1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Cannon AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Annoyed with Quadratec

The catalog boasts the 2 warehouses to facilitate quick shipping to the entire country. My order was placed on the 12th, and I won't get my exhaust, intake kit, and misc other items until the 19th!

A bloody week! Isn't the western warehouse supposed to help with that?!
    I am the Infidel.
    09 2DR Sunburst Orange
    33" Cooper STTs, 1.5" Spydertrax spacers, 3.5 inches of OME Lift, JKS Trackbar, Teraflex Discos, Airaid Intake, Gibson Split Exhaust, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Herculined Tub, Midland CB and Firestik, Daystar Hood Wranglers, custom vinyl from pixeldecals.com, more to come...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to be a pain in your ass but try waiting a month and a half for a lift kit. Can't wait to get back to the states where shipping times are reasonable. By the way, what type of shipping did you choose, hope you didn't pay extra for shipping just to wait for quadratec to get one in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by sincitycj View Post
    I got a wave from a compass once. That was sure confusing. I didn't know if I should wave or barf.

Be sure to check out the Germany Chapter Page:

http://www.militaryjeepers.com/chapter/germany/index.shtml

Mountain Valley Customs

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More than likely, Q-tec didn't have your parts in either warehouse so they are at the mercy of the manufacturers to drop the items to you. I would be willing to bet that you will have your parts before the 19th. In my past experiences, Q-tec over estimates the delivery date so that, typically, they get there quicker.
    Mountain Valley Customs www.mvcustoms.com 570.217.7284
    Specializing in 4x4s and custom fabrication

usnavymitchells

I think sometimes they don't know what they have. I called last Thursday for the rims I wanted. I was told they were on Back Order for at least a month. I call back on Friday and now they have them, no back order in there New York warehouse. They have shipped and will be at my door Friday.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1968 to 1988

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone noticed that the price of a Speedo Gear has jumped from $19.99 in the Spring catalog, to $74.99 in the Summer catalog. When I e-mailed Quadratec about it, they said, MOPAR has realized they are the only ones making them and they raised their cost to the vendors. That's a higher increase than the price of gas.
    Bill Collins
    USAF Retired
    Knoxville Wranglers
    Military Jeepers.com
    '04 TJ,
    '04 Ford F-150 w/5.4 Triton, Tow Rig,
    '08 Parker 14' trailer.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI ... Due to the economy and uncertain times, more and more business's are reducing there shelf and warehouse stock. Some of our daily use items are no longer being stocked by our suppliers and are being dropped shipped directly to us. We just have to plan accordingly and order in advance. Can't say that it applies to Quadratec but just something to keep in mind. One way to look at it is we can be lucky we can afford to have this problem - better than not having a job and not being able to buy parts for our toys.
    Old enough to know better, too young to quit!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I prefer to deal with the local shop. When you figure shipping cost and dealing with some one long distance over the phone I am willing to pay a few $ more and get better service. One advantage that www.4wd.com has over Quadtratec is that they will ship to any 4-Wheel Parts location store and save you the freight cost. You just pick it up at the local store. I always check the prices at all three, but lately if ordering on line have had the best luck with 4wd.com

Access Army Times Editor Navy-Jeepster's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2010

Closest Installation

NAS Lemoore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like DevilDog4x4 mentioned, a lot of big warehouses are having things drop shipped.
    The reason for doing this, is it saves them money on less warehouse space.
    This space is a premium and costs them money that is hard to justify at times.
    Under six sigma, or a way to increase your profit margin, is to let someone else pick up some of the cost of this item for storage. In this case, that ends up being the manufacture and the warehouse that they have.

I know it sucks.
    but also like SGM mentioned, I would rather deal with a local shop at times. but this has drawbacks also, as in my case, the shop I bought my flat fenders from, did not stock them, and they had to order them from GenRight.
    I could have bought them from Genright for less money, as Genright gives a 10% discount to military if you call them.
    My local shop does a lot for the wheeling community, so I do not mind not getting the discount, as I will get it back from them later on at events.

Todd
    Retired Navy after 26 years.
    BlueRibbon Coalition President
    Life member of Cal4Wheel and BlueRibbon Coalition
    www.accessarmy.com
    Access Army Air Warrior and AAT Editor
    Supported by:
    Raceline Wheels - Monster beadlocks
    BFGoodrich.
    Currie Enterprises - F9
    Hi-Lift Jack, Advance Adapters

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4ink View Post
    More than likely, Q-tec didn't have your parts in either warehouse so they are at the mercy of the manufacturers to drop the items to you. I would be willing to bet that you will have your parts before the 19th. In my past experiences, Q-tec over estimates the delivery date so that, typically, they get there quicker.
    This is truth. Happened to me several times.

Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I think sometimes they don't know what they have. I called last Thursday for the rims I wanted. I was told they were on Back Order for at least a month. I call back on Friday and now they have them, no back order in there New York warehouse. They have shipped and will be at my door Friday.
    Also truth.

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the price of a Speedo Gear has jumped from $19.99 in the Spring catalog, to $74.99 in the Summer catalog. When I e-mailed Quadratec about it, they said, MOPAR has realized they are the only ones making them and they raised their cost to the vendors. That's a higher increase than the price of gas.
    Bingo! I'm accumulating parts right now to convert to factory Rubi rear disc brakes. The rear brake lines and hoses last year were about $20 each. Now they are $350 and $400 each respectively at the "stealership" and they are NOT available through the aftermarket. I ended up finding a website with some in backstock for $18 each. I could probably have pieced it together with non-OEM parts using non-vehicle specific components, but I've learned in my almost 20 years of swinging wrenches to go with stuff made just for that application. Another thing some people might notice with Q-tec is that they charge your credit card separately for items that you purchase at the same time. The credit card companies pick up on this and think it might be theft and deny access to Q-tec for the funds and then they never call you. So you're sitting there for 10 days and when you finally call them, they say your card was denied when you know full well that it would go through. This happened to me twice. As mentioned in a previous post, I try to do business local as much as possible, but on the more expensive parts it can mean a difference of several hundred dollars.
    Last edited by ColoFreeJeeper; 05-14-2009 at 14:21.
    Jason
    2005 Wrangler Sport
    2021 Gladiator Willys

Colorado Trip Reports

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is that sometimes I will not have even finished sending in my order and the doorbell will ring! I am telling you they are damn fast to VA but as stated if the items is being drop shipped then they have to wait for the manufactures.

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast