User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Pit bull tires

  1. #1
    Junior Member cphill209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dixon
    Posts
    400

    Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Pit bull tires

    I was wondering if anyone has experince with the pit bull tires brand?

    I'm looking at the 35 x 14.50 rockers version. I currently running the standard BFG km from factory with Rubi rims. I know i will have to add the wheel spacer to aviod rub issue with 35, but that was with 12.50 wide tires will i get enough clearance with the wheel spacer for 14.50 or do i really need to get another set of rims. The rig a daily driver some days and trail rig when ever possible.

    Also looking at the 33x12.50 growler version for my 2006 dodge mega cab. I have no idea what tire i can fit with it yet.

    Any exerpice would be helpfull. i understand other have different tire perferance. If i dont go with these I will go with BFG KM2 for the Jeep. Thanks for the help


    http://pitbulltires.com/rocker.php

    http://pitbulltires.com/growler.php
    07 JK 2 DR Rubicon, RTI Score 673, 32's TereFlex 2.5 lift with shocks ,1 inch M.O.R.E Body Lift, Custom Bumper By Fred and Dave, and Raingler nets & grips , CB CH 4

    With out soldier sacrifice America would not be here today. Soldier on Hooah!!!

    http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/index.htm

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e.php?ref=home

    http://campmj.com/

  2. #2
    Free at last... ColoFreeJeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    5,719

    Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

    Closest Installation

    Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Irish_Assassin just put some on his ZJ. Get with him on how he likes them.

  3. #3
    Senior Member CutterN55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richlands
    Posts
    1,366

    Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to Present

    Closest Installation

    MCAS New River
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cphill209 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has experince with the pit bull tires brand?

    I'm looking at the 35 x 14.50 rockers version. I currently running the standard BFG km from factory with Rubi rims. I know i will have to add the wheel spacer to aviod rub issue with 35, but that was with 12.50 wide tires will i get enough clearance with the wheel spacer for 14.50 or do i really need to get another set of rims. The rig a daily driver some days and trail rig when ever possible.

    Also looking at the 33x12.50 growler version for my 2006 dodge mega cab. I have no idea what tire i can fit with it yet.

    Any exerpice would be helpfull. i understand other have different tire perferance. If i dont go with these I will go with BFG KM2 for the Jeep. Thanks for the help


    http://pitbulltires.com/rocker.php

    http://pitbulltires.com/growler.php
    If it's a 2500 4x4, you'll be good. Watch your offset, or it may rub when you turn. If this is your tow rig, you might want to pay attention to load ratings and loose a little "cool factor" for road grip when towing. I run BFG T/A K/O's on my Dodge. They look good and I can tow pretty well in messy stuff, they also gets me wherever I could put a full-size pick-up(I don't hunt in my Jeep, it's so loud it'll scare anything in the county away!)
    Semper Fi
    Little Red 1986 CJ-7
    7,000 mi and counting on the TBI 258
    DUI, Np435, Twin Sticked D300, Locked Waggy D44s
    4" SUA with homebrew spring outboard
    37" siped swampers with some other nifty bolt-ons.

  4. #4
    Breakage = Upgrade! jsargent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    678

    Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1980 to Present

    Closest Installation

    Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a friend that ran the rockers on a trail only rig and he was pleased with them. I'm not sure how happy you'll be with them on a DD though. Your guess is as good as mine.

  5. #5
    No Mas Jeepalonie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clarksville
    Posts
    5,670

    Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

    Closest Installation

    Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    between Pitbulls and BFG's go Pit Bulls. As for the Dodge, you'll be fine with 33's but I would recommend a leveling lift.
    Jeepless Again

    2008 Ford F150

  6. #6
    Tattooed Jeeper Irish_Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    8,496

    Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

    Closest Installation

    Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i run the 31's and love them!!! if they ran a 33 bias tire i would run those as well best tire i have ever ran imho. personally i cant fit and dont plan on a 35 but i bet the quality and performance is as good if not better than the other models they offer!
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

    Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

  7. #7
    Recovery Whore RescueJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DumFries Virginia/Fort Belvoir
    Posts
    2,623

    Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

    Closest Installation

    Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would have to say from experience with a mean aggressive mud tire on my tow rig. It sucks its loud its not comftorable, they handle like garbage in the rain most the time. For me after riding in the jeep all weekend beating my self up, I want a nice ride home and you wont get that out of a tire like that. I use to have parnelli jones mud grip on my truck, as well as a mickey thompson claw. I switched to a cooper don't remember the name off the top of my head. But they are an aggressive all terrain and they handle great load rating D, and they take me anywhere a truck needs to go mud, snow, muddy camp grounds, and handle well in the rain. But this is just my 2cents. O I have 30k miles on the coopers and I am just now at the halfway tread mark. The place I had them installed the owner was using same tire to tow his camper. He said he got 62k out of his when he changed them and they still had a little life left.
    1981 CJ7- 4in lift on 33's, Twin sticked dana300, aussied D30, Custom bumpers,Herced inside. Riddler covers.

    RIPTrail-87yj 35MTR

    76 cj- Team MJ Buggy

    07 F150 "Tow Whore"- 2.5in auto spring, 33's, Full flomaster exhaust, K&N intake, Edge Programer

    Sapper

  8. #8
    Tattooed Jeeper Irish_Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    8,496

    Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

    Closest Installation

    Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i just realized i had a typo fubar. i want them to run bigger radials last time i checked they only radial they had was the 31 everything else is bias
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

    Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

  9. #9
    Junior Member cphill209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dixon
    Posts
    400

    Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CutterN55 View Post
    If it's a 2500 4x4, you'll be good. Watch your offset, or it may rub when you turn. If this is your tow rig, you might want to pay attention to load ratings and loose a little "cool factor" for road grip when towing. I run BFG T/A K/O's on my Dodge. They look good and I can tow pretty well in messy stuff, they also gets me wherever I could put a full-size pick-up(I don't hunt in my Jeep, it's so loud it'll scare anything in the county away!)

    I tow a 2 horse slant and and a 24 foot camper trailer so yeah i will get load range E tires. I have open country now and they suck in the slick grass or mud. Any idea what off set stock rims come with on 2006 2500 4x4 and what off set i need
    07 JK 2 DR Rubicon, RTI Score 673, 32's TereFlex 2.5 lift with shocks ,1 inch M.O.R.E Body Lift, Custom Bumper By Fred and Dave, and Raingler nets & grips , CB CH 4

    With out soldier sacrifice America would not be here today. Soldier on Hooah!!!

    http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/index.htm

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e.php?ref=home

    http://campmj.com/

  10. #10
    Junior Member cphill209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dixon
    Posts
    400

    Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Assassin View Post
    i run the 31's and love them!!! if they ran a 33 bias tire i would run those as well best tire i have ever ran imho. personally i cant fit and dont plan on a 35 but i bet the quality and performance is as good if not better than the other models they offer!

    Irish Assassin, Have you had any problem with them chunking, I have read it takes about 500 miles for the tires to break in. If i put them on my jeep i would use them in rocks more than anything. I dont do mud unless i have too. Takes to long to clean up for 30 minutes of fun. Also would drive 13 miles to work on country roads abd little bit of hwy. Do you think I could get 40,000 to 50,000 miles out of them.
    07 JK 2 DR Rubicon, RTI Score 673, 32's TereFlex 2.5 lift with shocks ,1 inch M.O.R.E Body Lift, Custom Bumper By Fred and Dave, and Raingler nets & grips , CB CH 4

    With out soldier sacrifice America would not be here today. Soldier on Hooah!!!

    http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/index.htm

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e.php?ref=home

    http://campmj.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the MJ Supporter Membership for a little less than $0.06 a day and get more space, 2 MJ Stickers and no banners ads. [Check it out]