Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default These any good?

Picked up one of these http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductD...goryCode=4053C cause i needed to haul a grill, says it will support 500 on the site 200 on the box... either way how durable are these? mine actually wobbles in the reciever itself i have a 2" and it says it fits a 2" but its still loose i was thinkin about sliding some shims in either way any oppinions?
    2001-2005 Air Force Medic, 2005-2006 Navy Corpsman, 2007-Present Army Medic/Chaplains Asst.

usnavymitchells

They work but be aware of the load. I have one that I used on my F150 and never had a problem. I did take the extra measure and tie the outside ends to the back of my truck. This minimized the wobble but did not eliminate it.

Indecisive servicemember medicbear's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i thought about trying to create additional braces for the outter edges like someway to attach em to the frame
    2001-2005 Air Force Medic, 2005-2006 Navy Corpsman, 2007-Present Army Medic/Chaplains Asst.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1976 to 1980

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this 1 of those cargo mounts that hook in the 2" reciever?If so ,I added two eye bolts to the back corners,looped a strap over my spare and hooked it.Held a ice chest (36pack), a small gas grill,and a 2'X2'X2' box of cooking junk.I borrowed this 1 and it works great (watch out going through dips)so I'm getting 1.
    Feed it some Green and watch it grow

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They work great but like it was said before, watch the weight. I just went camping and I have one of these and it was indispensable. However, you're wasting money at that price. Walmart has the same one (which is where I bought mine) for $55. The brand is Hitch-Haul.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I looked at those and spent the money for the off road reciever rack that raises the rack up even with the spare so you don't lose your departure angle. I have carried four 35" M/Ts mounted on steel wheels on mine about 400 lbs and the rack is rated for 500 lbs. I do notice the front end felt a little light. On the trip out here I had it loaded as well, but also had weight on the overhead rack and in the Jeep so it was more balanced. Even the expensive one rattle a little in the reciever when empty, but with weight it seems to be fine.