Served
    Served
    1970 to 1976

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jeep Work

Neighbor down the street along with his friend is rebuilding two Jeep Wranglers. I stopped in this evening and looked over the work they were doing and had all ready done. A ford 8.8 rear end was getting ready to be installed. They had installed I think 4.38 gearing in front and rear diff's. A SYE was in box getting ready to be put into place. New this and that was on floor of garage ready for installation. New front coil springs were almost in place. I believe new tube fenders were also in sight. These two fellows used to build stock cars and race them. They said they wanted to get involved in a family type thing that everyone can enjoy. A couple of young boys were there watching their dads work. They invited me to stop over anytime. We talked a bit, then I had to get ready for my night shift. The one fellow informed me that this coming Summer, he was building a very large garage/workshop for working on their various vehicles. From looking at the various tools/ welders/ torch kits and such, these two do really good work. From Stock Car racing, to Jeep building. The one fellow knew I had a Wrangler, and the second fellow started asking questions about what I had done to it so far. As I was leaving, they were getting to install the Dana 44 front axle assembly.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like fun. It is pretty cool that they see the jeep stuff as something the family can do together.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And of course you asked them if they were military/prior military and invited them here right? And you also tried to pimp MJ Stickers on them so miljeep can get more server funds right? Kewl story though. Sounds like a bedtime story for me.