2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default long arm lift

got my long arm lift last week, its been sittin in my garage b/c i havent had time to do anything with it. i got the instructions out tonight and started looking through them. this thing is a lot less bolt on that advertised. haha. i knew that one part was gonna have to be welded but there is just more than i anticipated. not that its scared me but i just dont have the resources to do it by myself. any welders in the south to middle ga area that wanna have a wrench party? i'll buy food and beer. btw, its a rock krawler x-factor 4 inch.
    Last edited by afjeep; 06-09-2009 at 01:37.
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2004

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the same lift I have. Just letting you know up front the springs are real soft. Some people piss and moan about it, but driving a Wrangler is not a pleasure cruise. I love the lift. Flexes real well!

'04 TJ Sport
    Bunch of stuff stuck to it from Auto Zone.

'07 Dodge CTD QCSB
    AFE Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Smarty, TRE Trans, little turbo that whistles.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Travis AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X2 I have the 5.5in version of that lift I love it. You will not be disapointed.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet, any tips for putting it on? stuff to look out for?
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2004

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I did not put this one on. I was in Iraq when it was done. The only issue I have right now is the arms hitting the frame when they cycle during articulation and font pass side spring is binding in the upper coil bucket. Nothing big and does not hurt anything. I am thinking about going to the 5.5" though. Dieter you have OX front and rear? Thats what I have and was just wondering how you ran your front OX cable. Sorry for the hijack. You will not be disapointed in this lift at all.
    '04 TJ Sport

'07 Dodge CTD QCSB

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no worries bout the hijack. i can't wait to get it on. if i cant find someone to help in time i may just have it done. i really dont want to do it but im planning a trip to morris mountain middle of this month and want to have it on for that.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Travis AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't put mine either becuase I have no skill with a welder. I had a similar problem with my front pass spring also. I found that my axle was just a little to far to the passenger side. I cut about 3/4in off the track bar and recentered the front axle all is better now. With the arms hitting the frame mine do the same thing but I do not notice it when they do hit.

Running OX front and rear, the front cable is ran around the outside of the driver spring, zip tied off to the knuckle. It goes right under the brake line at the frame and up into the engine bay. Then it is feed through the fire wall. Both leavers are mounted next to my shifter on the driver side. I will take some pics of it tomorrow night and post them up for you in my commuinty pictures. I will PM you when they are up.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2004

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha man mine is zip tied too. My shifters are right in front of my seat. I'll get some of mine up too. AFJeep hopefully we are helping you out. If you have a hobby shop down there I would suggest that. RockKrawler has awesome customer support and if you have to call them for anything ask for Jeremy.
    '04 TJ Sport

'07 Dodge CTD QCSB

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dieter, what size tires are you running?

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Travis AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)