1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Front End Maint

OK I am fixing to do some front end Maint on my Rig. Hopefully pretty Soon a friend (LArry) is doing his 3/4 ton axles and I will aquire hius D30 for parts. (mainly shafts)
    Well before I do that (or at the same time) I want to replace worn parts in the front end. I am going to do upper and lower ball joints, Tie Rod ends, and I am thinking the ends of the Track Bar also. When the shafts get swapped I will check and pribably change UJopints, and check Unit bearings. I also want to get a pair of longer Swaybar endlinks so my jeep is more street friendly again, right now I get shakes around 70mph.

Anyway is there anything else in the front end that may need attention I am not thinking about?
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part 2of this wehre is the best place to buy other than OEM parts for this? Ball joints will be OEM but for TieRod ends and Track bar ends can't I go with a jhonny joint that is greasable or something of the sort that will improve life, improve offroad, and not sacrifice on road
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I went a different route for now. I had about $150 to spend so I got some rear end brake components, shoes and a spring kit, and I got all 4 ball joints and a steering stablizer. I am going to hold all front end componenets till I get new shafts/unit bearings and do them all at once.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150