Served
    Served
    1989 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Return Home

Sooo...I just heard from the Oregon guys that they've cancelled their event. Not sure when it was cancelled, but I guess that doesn't matter. I've also heard that the Missouri event is probably cancelled...won't know for sure until later today.

It's difficult enough to make it from one event to the next. With gaps now in the schedule, I don't want to waste time and money sitting on my rear end. Thus, I'll start the long haul back to Florida tomorrow. Upon arrival I'll immediately begin looking for a (paying) job. I want to begin working as soon as possible so that I will be able to attend some of the east coast events (NJ, Virginia, Georgia at the least).

I know that there will be people who are disappointed as a result of this decision and I apologize if I've let you down. While there are many who wish to donate funds to get me from one event to the next, that doesn't sit well with me. We are all creatures of habit and after supporting myself since the age of 17 (20 years ago), that's a hard habit to break.

It has been explained to me that there are people who want to donate money and I should let them do so. However, I don't want that money coming to me. If you'd like to donate money, then please do so to one of the remaining event host clubs to assist with their event. It will be put to good use by being used for food, entertainment, campsite fees, etc.

Let's remember that while it would be great for me to be at an event, this program isn't about me...it's about entertaining our wounded brothers and sisters in the military. I will still get enjoyment out of the events just knowing they're taking place and seeing the pictures from them.

Obviously this program needs to be revamped at bit. I want to do all I can to find a way to make it work without people having to donate to get me from one place to the next. I believe that's possible and will work hard to find away to accomplish that.

Once I'm back in Florida I will have a regular internet connection and some stability, which will allow me to be able to work out various issues (something I can't accomplish when traveling and camping all the time). There are some FANTASTIC people involved with this program who are just as dedicated to it's mission as I am. With their help, I'm confident we will find a solution to best benefit those we're honoring. Our efforts thus far will not go to waste. We have indeed learned a lot over the past months and those lessons will be applied to future events.

Please, please, please remember what I said about donations. There are still events that have yet to take place and may be in need of donations to make them just as good as past events we've held around the country.

Thank you all for your continued efforts. With over 350,000 wounded service members, we've barely scratched the surface, yet have proven this program works. This program is young in the big scheme of things. Think of all we've accomplished thus far and you'll see how great this program can be.
    A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2008 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason you haven't let us down, so get that out of your head, you've done something most of us couldn't do. keep your head up and stay strong, i know you feel you have failed but you didn't. many of our brothers and sisters now have memories they would have never had with out you.
    Just another lifted, locked and cut up TJ, Have Cummins, will tow

Random Jeep Stuff

My YouTube page

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM sent
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Back to 1 Jeep... for now rroadkilll's Avatar

Branch
    Coast Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

AIRSTA Elizabeth City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I speak for all of us here on MJ when I say

YOU HAVE DONE SOME AMAZING THINGS WITH THIS PROGRAM AND HAVE NOT LET ANYONE DOWN WITH THE PROGRAM!!!

I bow a knee to you SIR!!!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got your PM Fred and sent you a reply. As soon as I get ahold of the MO group to find out what's going on with the event at SMORR, you'll be the first to know.

Thanks guys...I want this program to continue, even if I cannot (for now).
    A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job jason look forward to seeing you in va. I have a meeting with walter reed this week. And dont forget about me having a place for you to stay when you get out here
    1981 CJ7- 4in lift on 33's, Twin sticked dana300, aussied D30, Custom bumpers,Herced inside. Riddler covers.

RIPTrail-87yj 35MTR

76 cj- Team MJ Buggy

07 F150 "Tow Whore"- 2.5in auto spring, 33's, Full flomaster exhaust, K&N intake, Edge Programer

Sapper

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pm sent
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1980 to 1981

Closest Installation

McGuire AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WFTW View Post
    Sooo...I just heard from the Oregon guys that they've cancelled their event. Not sure when it was cancelled, but I guess that doesn't matter. I've also heard that the Missouri event is probably cancelled...won't know for sure until later today.

It's difficult enough to make it from one event to the next. With gaps now in the schedule, I don't want to waste time and money sitting on my rear end. Thus, I'll start the long haul back to Florida tomorrow. Upon arrival I'll immediately begin looking for a (paying) job. I want to begin working as soon as possible so that I will be able to attend some of the east coast events (NJ, Virginia, Georgia at the least).

I know that there will be people who are disappointed as a result of this decision and I apologize if I've let you down. While there are many who wish to donate funds to get me from one event to the next, that doesn't sit well with me. We are all creatures of habit and after supporting myself since the age of 17 (20 years ago), that's a hard habit to break.

It has been explained to me that there are people who want to donate money and I should let them do so. However, I don't want that money coming to me. If you'd like to donate money, then please do so to one of the remaining event host clubs to assist with their event. It will be put to good use by being used for food, entertainment, campsite fees, etc.

Let's remember that while it would be great for me to be at an event, this program isn't about me...it's about entertaining our wounded brothers and sisters in the military. I will still get enjoyment out of the events just knowing they're taking place and seeing the pictures from them.

Obviously this program needs to be revamped at bit. I want to do all I can to find a way to make it work without people having to donate to get me from one place to the next. I believe that's possible and will work hard to find away to accomplish that.

Once I'm back in Florida I will have a regular internet connection and some stability, which will allow me to be able to work out various issues (something I can't accomplish when traveling and camping all the time). There are some FANTASTIC people involved with this program who are just as dedicated to it's mission as I am. With their help, I'm confident we will find a solution to best benefit those we're honoring. Our efforts thus far will not go to waste. We have indeed learned a lot over the past months and those lessons will be applied to future events.

Please, please, please remember what I said about donations. There are still events that have yet to take place and may be in need of donations to make them just as good as past events we've held around the country.

Thank you all for your continued efforts. With over 350,000 wounded service members, we've barely scratched the surface, yet have proven this program works. This program is young in the big scheme of things. Think of all we've accomplished thus far and you'll see how great this program can be.

I especially like this part............... " I want to begin working as soon as possible so that I will be able to attend some of the east coast events (NJ, Virginia, Georgia at the least)."
    JP

NEVER FORGET
    olllo
    Semper Fidelis

"THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING". ...... EDMUND BURKE.....

PS3 gamer tag- jeepinjp/clan tag- MJ COD:MW2

WFTW http://www.wheelersforthewounded.org/
    WFTWNJ http://wheelersforthewoundednj.org
    NJJC http://www.northjerseyjeepclub.org/
    NOHVCC http://www.nohvcc.org
    BRC http://www.sharetrails.org/ B.O.D. 2009 V.P. 2011-2013 Pres. 2013-2015

I work hard because millions on welfare depend on me....

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck to you, you should be proud of what you've accomplished.

we'll see what we can do to have an event in Missouri.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

Back to 1 Jeep... for now rroadkilll's Avatar

Branch
    Coast Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

AIRSTA Elizabeth City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are MORE than welcome to attend www.jeeprally.com in September...

We (SSW) are wheeling the day before!!! IF you want to join us!!!

I'll pay for the camping!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast